Master Chu King Hung info anyone??

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Master Chu King Hung info anyone??

Postby Sean on Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:25 am

I've had a similar experience with a Chu King Hung student who teaches in Europe.
After having watched the teachers class (which finished off with aforementioned chi-power demonstrations), I went up to introduce myself.

I told the teacher that I also practiced some tie chee and was looking for some people who were interested in some free-style push hands sessions. The teacher immediately, albeit kindly, asked to see my form. So I went through a shortened version of the Yang long form, a bit faster than usual because I wasn't really into putting on a show.

Said teacher then told me that the form looked good but wasn't any good for fighting. And asked me to do some push hands.
A small group of students had gathered around, and they watched as their teacher's intended chi-power demonstration on me ended in a flight lesson for their mentor.

I felt embarrassed for the teacher, and in a second round I let him push me out.

The sad thing is that Chu King Hung's students really run the tie chee show here in town. Their organization, the ITCCA, has teachers in almost every club and association.
Last edited by Sean on Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sean
Wuji

Postby Baguaplayer on Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:36 pm

I hadn't read the Dan Docherty article before. Could someone kindly remind me of his back ground?

Thanks.
Baguaplayer
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:06 am

dd was a hk cop who trained with chen ting hung.
he won the heavyweight section of the s.e.a .boxing(kung fu) championships
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:59 am

The Dan Docherty interview originally apppeared in 'Fighting Arts International' magazine, soon after he returned from HK and was looking to make his rep as a (the?) teacher of combative Taiji. DD was certainly not hiding his light under a bushel.

Some CKH peple (who was that fat guy who posted here some years back? Richard someone or other...?) have since tried to make the opposite point = ie CKH pushed DD around, but he was too modest to go to the press. That struck me as BS then, and it strikes me as BS now. They certainly did not go to the MA press and post a challenge, so DD's account stands.

CKH's demonstrations are a joke, I would imagine much of his Taiji is too. (Sadly, the same could be said for much 'combative' Taiji out there)

DD, OTOH, is the real deal.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Sasa on Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:21 am

@Andy_S

"Services:
Silks donned. Hands waved. Monkeys repulsed. Horses patted. Eyes poked. Groins kicked. Arses pinched. Challenges declined. Fights fled. Shit talked. Bars emptied. Toilets blocked. PM for rates."

Great sig -break-
But Da But Gau(Not to hit is not to teach)-GGM Yang Sau Chung
It wouldn't work in Hong Kong-GM Ip Tai Tak after seeing some "magical" Qi demonstration
http://www.iptaichi.rs
Sasa
Santi

Postby taiwandeutscher on Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:44 pm

Last time, Chu performed with his brain-washed grey suited guys, he was directly and openly criticised by a HKK guy, who got up, just took the mic and said plainly that bs like that would hurt the TJ. Was on youtube, but didn't keep it.
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Postby Sasa on Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:06 am

taiwandeutscher wrote:Last time, Chu performed with his brain-washed grey suited guys, he was directly and openly criticised by a HKK guy, who got up, just took the mic and said plainly that bs like that would hurt the TJ. Was on youtube, but didn't keep it.

Here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIy9_VeUcpc but not with the guy who was "upset" :-\
But Da But Gau(Not to hit is not to teach)-GGM Yang Sau Chung
It wouldn't work in Hong Kong-GM Ip Tai Tak after seeing some "magical" Qi demonstration
http://www.iptaichi.rs
Sasa
Santi

Postby taiwandeutscher on Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:26 am

Well, that's the offical long version. There is another amatuer vid that shows a short Chu performance, 3,4 guys hanging on him from all sides, and just after that, the HKK went up to say his cirticism. Chu was laughed at, that is for sure!
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Postby Daniel on Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:24 am

lazyboxer wrote:As always, I would advise you to judge your local teacher on his own merits, not from his lineage claims.

Yep. +1

D.

Sarcasm. Oh yeah, like that´ll work.
Daniel
Great Old One

Postby Bugang on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:52 pm

lazyboxer wrote: The Boston Chu people dispute his claims about learning from Yang Shaojung - not a disciple, just a short-term student etc.

Not quite right. As far as I have been told by a disciple of GinSoonChu they see it this way: K H Chu is undeniably and officially a disciple, but a short-term one, if you dig what I mean... ;)
*Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other Plans*
Bugang
Mingjing

Postby Bugang on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:58 pm

Fubo wrote:
RobP2 wrote:
Daniel-san wrote:
In his book BKF said much the same about Yang Sau-Chung's (or his students') pushing hands when he visited Yang Sau-Chung in Hong Kong.

I'd take that info with a pinch of salt - from what I've heard there some major inconsistencies with his account of visiting YSC

+1 I'd take that with a huge pinch of salt.

some catties of sand...
I met BKF and wasnt impressed at all.
Also met G S Chu's Disciple - who is incredibly strong and extremely soft at the same time.
*Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other Plans*
Bugang
Mingjing

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan