no-nonsense, high-discipline xingyi in Boston or NY?

Request a teacher near you. Any school opening notices are also posted here.

Re: no-nonsense, high-discipline xingyi in Boston or NY?

Postby Earth_Monkey on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:00 pm

I can speak very highly of "small" John as I have studied with him and his teacher before his passing. He is good man and has worked very hard at what he does and has very good results for his efforts. When I say I miss him I am grossly under stating this. Hope to meet with him some day sooner than later.
Earth_Monkey
Anjing

Postby aiasthewall on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:09 pm

My teacher, Steve Arboleda, teaches very no nonsense xing yi, as well as Il liq in NYC. A good deal of conditioning, partner work, basic self defense, as well as forms etc. We have a good, smallish, group of dedicated students.
Last edited by aiasthewall on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aiasthewall
Anjing

Postby ashe on Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:47 pm

aiasthewall wrote:My teacher, Steve Arboleda, teaches very no nonsense xing yi, as well as Il liq in NYC. A good deal of conditioning, partner work, basic self defense, as well as forms etc. We have a good, smallish, group of dedicated students.

+1 for Steve if you want to train xingyi with application in mind. Steve's been training for a minute and has a pretty diverse background.
Last edited by ashe on Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby JessOBrien on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:06 pm

No doubt Steve Arboleda can give you the kind of Xing Yi you are asking about. Good dude with good skills.
JessOBrien
Great Old One

Postby LeoV on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:58 pm

Marcus Opalenik is now teaching BaGua and Hsing-I in the Boston area. He just came back from Taiwan, where he studied with Luo de Xiu for 6+ years.

If you would like to contact him, you can do so via his email: [email protected]
Last edited by LeoV on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeoV
Santi

Postby JessOBrien on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:07 pm

For sure Marcus Opalenik is teaching in Boston as well, he is a good guy with plenty of Xing Yi to teach.
Good opportunity to learn Luo's system!
JessOBrien
Great Old One

Postby Enjinno9 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:14 am

kshurika wrote:Who did you study with in Shanxi?

I still study with Wang Dejun (王德俊), a disciple of Li Fuyuan (李福元), whose gongfu I thought had come from Bu Xuekuan, but is actually of the line of Lv Xuelong (吕学隆). Just got back from a five-day CNY training/standing/drinking with peasants retreat there, in fact.

There are many things to say, both bad and good, about studying in the Chinese countryside. Maybe I'll start a new post.
Enjinno9
Santi

Postby Orpheus on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:03 am

edededed wrote:Zhang Weidong I think teaches some kind of xingyi as well as other stuff (bagua, etc.).

I trained with Zhang Weidong when he was still in Beijing, training shuai jiao and bagua. I would recommend you check him out. He is a badass. Trains hard and trains his students hard, trained students in applications, and we sparred and wrestled. Most importantly, he is always learning himself, improving his skills.

Definitely worth it for you to go and check him out.
Orpheus
Anjing

Previous

Return to Request a Teacher