Tianjin Baguazhang

Request a teacher near you. Any school opening notices are also posted here.

Tianjin Baguazhang

Postby serendipityfox on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:18 am

My previous BGZ master is unable to give me any current teachers of BGZ in Tianjin, can anyone help?
serendipityfox
Santi

Re: Tianjin Baguazhang

Postby jonathan.bluestein on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:41 am

Hope you'll get to find a good Bagua teacher! Wish I could help... When you visit Zhou shifu, perhaps you could ask him. He knows a lot of teachers in Tianjin, and surely quite a few excellent Bagua teachers. You can also email master Yang Hai: [email protected] . He's originally from Tianjin and also knows a lot of people. He speaks and writes in English fluently :-)
jonathan.bluestein
Wuji

Postby JessOBrien on Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:26 pm

One teacher I got to meet here in the states is Liu Shuhang, he teaches Gao Yi Sheng baguazhang in Tianjin I believe. Very nice man with a lot of knowledge to offer.
JessOBrien
Great Old One

Postby nicklinjm on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:29 pm

If you can read some Chinese there's a very good website with a listing of TCMA teachers in various cities (including Tianjin) at: http://www.niudor.com.

Agree with Jonathan, Yang Hai is probably your best bet as he is (a) actually from Tianjin and (b) is a (very good) practitioner of Cheng style bagua himself.

If you're looking for other suggestions, AFAIK there's also:

(a) Ge Guoliang (戈国良) teaches Gao style at the Nankai university campus at the weekends
(b) Tang Shengjun (唐胜军) teaches Cheng style bagua (not sure which branch) - his great grandfather was a famous xingyi master (Tang Weilu) tel:15102245753

I've also heard that there are Yin style people (Cao Zhongsheng branch) in Tianjin, could look for more details if you're interested.
nicklinjm
Wuji

Postby serendipityfox on Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:54 pm

Thankyou - some very promising links.
serendipityfox
Santi

Return to Request a Teacher