baji quan in Houston

Request a teacher near you. Any school opening notices are also posted here.

baji quan in Houston

Postby hopgarsansau on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:45 pm

Anybody out here?
hopgarsansau
Mingjing

Re: baji quan in Houston

Postby Bob on Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:47 am

Unfortunately no baji but they have piguazhang

Standley Johnson, Richardson, TX, USA 469-324-9683

Southern Sky Kung Fu

[email protected]

http://southernskykungfuacademy.com/

Southern Sky Kung Fu Academy

standley johnson

Southern Sky Kung Fu Academy is associated with the Adam Hsu Kung Fu School and has been a member of the Traditional Wushu Association since 2005.

Head Instructor: Standley Johnson

Mr. Johnson began his martial arts training over 30 years ago. Originally from Texas, he relocated from Dallas to San Francisco in 1985 to be a student at Master Adam Hsu’s Kung Fu School. Early on in his training, he developed a strong interest in the art of Baguazhang that continues today.

His kung fu studies carried him into a variety of Northern Chinese styles. Under Master Adam Hsu, Mr. Johnson studied Changquan, Piquazhang, Mizongquan, and Baguazhang. While living in northern California, he also studied Taijiquan with Master Wu Ta Yeh at the Taijiquan Tutelage of Palo Alto.

Mr. Johnson strives to pass on his unique knowledge to willing students. His passion for teaching and love of martial arts motivates his students and creates an open and productive environment at Southern Sky Kung Fu Academy. Students of every age and skill level are welcome in his school.

Massage Therapy is an important part of Mr. Johnson’s practice. He is skilled in Swedish, acupressure, deep tissue, and Hawaiian lomilomi. Mr. Johnson is a licensed massage therapist (MT114926) and a member of the American Massage Therapy Association.In addition to kung fu, Mr. Johnson has worked with seniors for recovery and rehabilitation from injuries and illness. He is certified as a Senior Personal Trainer by the American Senior Fitness Association.

Mr. Johnson is a professional member of the American Tai Chi and Qigong Association.
Last edited by Bob on Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob
Great Old One

Postby hopgarsansau on Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:02 am

Unfortunately Richardson is about six hours from Houston. I was hoping to seek out some baji people to do hands
hopgarsansau
Mingjing

Postby Bob on Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:45 pm

I understand but you may want to contact him to see if he knows anyone in the Houston area that is teaching bajiquan.

Good luck.
Bob
Great Old One

Postby vagabond on Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:28 am

did kai yu live in texas for a while or am i making that up? also john wang has some presence in austin i think? and seems to know quite a bit about baji. as loong as you're chasin down clues these might be good trees to bark up
vagabond
Huajing

Postby hopgarsansau on Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:23 pm

I trained some shuai jiao with John Wang when I lived in Austin. I don't know who Kai Yu is? Any info?
hopgarsansau
Mingjing

Return to Request a Teacher