Qingdao

Request a teacher near you. Any school opening notices are also posted here.

Qingdao

Postby serendipityfox on Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:30 am

I may move to Qingdao this summer. Can anyone recommend a good teacher or area? I am a bagua man but will consider other styles if the teacher is good
serendipityfox
Santi

Re: Qingdao

Postby SCMT on Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:26 am

No, but I can recommend a good beer while your there :)
https://www.tsingtaobeer.com/agegate
Train with intent
SCMT
Anjing

Postby jonathan.bluestein on Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:31 am

You may ask David Kelly, who would probably have a few good suggestions for you, and can arrange for you to meet up with some teachers in the area, from various styles:
[email protected]

Another option is to visit Chen Zhonghua's school, located 2.5 hour drive from Qingdao. He teaches Chen style Taiji Quan from the line of Hong Junsheng (disciple of Chen Fa'ke).
http://practicalmethod.com/2010/03/dire ... aqingshan/

You can read about master Chen and my experiences training at his school at:
http://cookdingskitchen.blogspot.co.il/ ... louds.html

(I am his friend, not his student)
Last edited by jonathan.bluestein on Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonathan.bluestein
Wuji

Postby xxxxx on Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:42 am

There is a "Request a Teacher" area of the site for future reference. Please post requests there.
Last edited by xxxxx on Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxx
Global Moderator

Postby Bob on Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:55 pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ou911hZpjbM&feature=related

Shifu Zhang Weifu
Band Seven of Senior Band of China
Vice Chairman of Shandong Wushu Sport Association
President of China Qingdao Taiji Meihua Praying Mantis Wushu Hall
President of China Qingdao Wushu Hall of Shibei District

This swordform is done twice, this first time was the learning phase, the second time was for review.

(Sword Seminar at Sifu Tony Yang's Liu Yun Chiao Memorial 2005, Akron, OH)

Zhang Wei Fu's son is in the Pennsylvania/Ohio area [returning from Qingdao}

You could probably contact Richard Tolson as he has spent some time in Qingdao and you can see this from his website:

http://mantismasterscom.ipage.com/

Our School

Mantis Masters Academy is a private, traditional Chinese martial arts training hall in North Canton, Ohio that combines ancient Chinese Praying Mantis Kung Fu theories and forms with modern fight training methods.

Our Instructor

Richard A. Tolson is the head instructor of the Mantis Masters Academy. Shifu Tolson first became interested in the martial arts at age ten and has pursued a knowledge of martial arts for over forty years. He was first introduced to the Hong Kong version of Seven Star Praying Mantis Kung Fu in 1985 by Master Mike Biggie. After years of practicing this art, Shifu Tolson studied Throwing Hand Praying Mantis Kung Fu with Master Yang Xiaodong of Akron, Ohio and Grand Ultimate Plum Flower Praying Mantis with Master Zhang Weifu of Qingdao, China.

Our Style of Kung Fu

At the Mantis Masters Academy we train in the traditional Chinese martial art of Praying Mantis Kung Fu. In Chinese this is known as Tanglangquan (Praying Mantis Fist). Our style consists of fast hand striking, joint locking, throwing techniques and low kicking techniques. Self-defense is the primary focus of training. However, sport fighting, meditation, Chinese philosophy and positive health practices are also taught in our system.

What you can expect as a beginning student if you train with us

This is not your Grandmother's karate. Praying Mantis Kung Fu is a very lethal form of practical Chinese self-defense.
In the very first class practical fighting techniques are taught. These techniques with be practiced with a partner, on focus mitts and on a striking dummy.
Within your first three months of training, you will develop more strength and increase your flexibility. You will also learn proper fighting postures, footwork and how to strike with your hands, feet, elbows, knees and head.
By the end of your first six months you should be able to defend yourself against most unarmed attackers.

Contact Information

To contact Shifu Tolson about viewing a class session or joining the Mantis Masters Academy, you may contact him by phone at (330) 966-1053 or by e-mail at [email protected]
Bob
Great Old One

Postby nicklinjm on Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:53 pm

There should actually be quite a lot of baguazhang in Qingdao, bagua teachers I have heard of there are:

- Yin style (Yin Yuzhang): Pang Hongzhi (庞鸿智)
- Yin style (Gong Baotian): Mo Jianzhang (墨建章)
- Cheng style (Wang Huai): Hu Guangyi (胡广义)、
- Gao style (Gao Yilin): Lei Maofa (雷茂发)

I have contact details for Pang Hongzhi but not the other teachers unfortunately, PM me if you want any more details.
nicklinjm
Wuji

Postby chenyaolong on Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:50 am

Hi

I live in Yantai (well, leaving in a week). Yantai/Qingdao is a hotbed for Mantis. I know there is a fair bit of Ba Gua here, dont know them personally, but my Shifu does. Gong Bao Tian was from Haiyang, a rural area of Yantai fairly close to Qingdao, so I would imagine his Ba Gua has spread there too.

In Qingdao there are a lot of Wang Yu Shan lineage Taiji Mantis peeps, Wang Yong is the official successor and is a Sanda national champion (not sure what circuit as I dont really follow it). Also Hao family Taiji-Meihua has some good guys, Sun De Long is the top guy in Qingdao for that.

I lived in Qingdao for 2 years, I was doing Taiji at the time, with He Ren Shan, he only teaches Tui Shou though, absolutely nothing else, no basics, no forms, no fighting.... I could put you in touch though. I met some other Chen style Taiji guys there too.
chenyaolong
Wuji

Postby serendipityfox on Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:26 pm

Thanks for the repsonses, I will check out the bagua people first then move onto the mantis people.
serendipityfox
Santi

Return to Request a Teacher