Phoenix, Arizona, USA Practice Group for Kenny Gong's Xingyi

Request a teacher near you. Any school opening notices are also posted here.

Phoenix, Arizona, USA Practice Group for Kenny Gong's Xingyi

Postby greytowhite on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:27 pm

Hi guys, I'm organizing a practice group that is taught by Sifu Lloyd Day for Kenny Gong's xingyi and bagua. Sifu is asking $100 per month for new students and $25 drop-in rates for class. Private lessons are available.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/phoenixopenqipractice/
Last edited by greytowhite on Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
greytowhite
Wuji

Re: Phoenix, Arizona, USA Practice Group for Kenny Gong's Xingyi

Postby Bill on Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:09 am

Good for you.
Kenny Gongs exercises can give very impressive results internally.
When I began studying it I used to do the first exercise taught, 'dragon turns head', for at least an hour a day.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby greytowhite on Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:40 am

Bill wrote:Kenny Gongs exercises can give very impressive results internally.

No joke there. It seems to me as if we're skipping ming jing entirely and working directly on an jing. Lower dantian is less emphasized than the Chen taiji I used to practice and middle dantian is the driver of most of what he is teaching currently. Sifu recently showed me his version of reverse breathing which is akin to a combination of natural and reverse as seen in various books. Probably the first time I felt the whole Macrocosmic Orbit thing take effect in one breath cycle. My ribs are already decompressing and becoming more active in the movements. I'm hoping soon we can put together a seminar for the qigong and wuxing.
greytowhite
Wuji

Postby JMontalbano on Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:31 pm

Shinging the body down was never a term Kenny Gong ever used. "Sifu" Lloyd does not understand the wood element as taught by Kenny Gong. No wonder since he never met or studied with Kenny Gong. The statement that it does not come from the feet, but comes form the center is also erroneous. Know I'll probably be banned from this site for these comments, but these statements by "Sifu" Lloyd totally misrepresent what Kenny Gong ShingYi is all about.
Last edited by JMontalbano on Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JMontalbano
Santi

Postby D_Glenn on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:22 am

I think everyone would be surprised to know that Kenny Gong's teacher is still alive and well, and teaching Xingyi. So why all the guff about studying with students of Kenny Gong when someone can just train from the source?

D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:34 pm

Interesting.
General An Fei is still around?
Mind telling us more about him?
Last edited by Bill on Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby greytowhite on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:36 pm

JMontalbano wrote:Shinging the body down was never a term Kenny Gong ever used. "Sifu" Lloyd does not understand the wood element as taught by Kenny Gong. No wonder since he never met or studied with Kenny Gong. The statement that it does not come from the feet, but comes form the center is also erroneous. Know I'll probably be banned from this site for these comments, but these statements by "Sifu" Lloyd totally misrepresent what Kenny Gong ShingYi is all about.

Hey OK, Lloyd is unorthodox but have you touched hands with him? Regardless of where he may or may not have studied his skill is quite profound and unlike any other IMA practitioner I've encountered.
D_Glenn wrote:I think everyone would be surprised to know that Kenny Gong's teacher is still alive and well, and teaching Xingyi. So why all the guff about studying with students of Kenny Gong when someone can just train from the source?

D_Glenn wrote:I think everyone would be surprised to know that Kenny Gong's teacher is still alive and well, and teaching Xingyi. So why all the guff about studying with students of Kenny Gong when someone can just train from the source?

Who is it? I've had trouble finding information about it. Feel free to PM me if you'd like.
Last edited by greytowhite on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greytowhite
Wuji

Postby JMontalbano on Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:15 pm

Kenny gong's teacher still alive is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.
JMontalbano
Santi

Postby JMontalbano on Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:16 pm

greytowhite
I know who his teachers are.
JMontalbano
Santi

Postby kenneth fish on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:23 pm

James: Kenny Gong's Bagua instructor is still alive. His Xingyi teacher (according to Kenny) is long departed (I remember coming into the studio on East Broadway and Kenny telling me, looking as sad as I had seen him, that he had gotten news that his teacher had died). As far as anyone who did not study with him directly having any of his skill - doubtful. BTW I heard that Lam is teaching in Chinatown.
Last edited by kenneth fish on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby maoshan on Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:59 am

What is all of this BS? How many years has it been and you wanna start this shit again?? Lam Died years ago now. You still on that power trip as if any of us had to get your OK to teach. You got the school by default and you haven't represented since Sifu Died. For all you've done,The school might as well be shut down. Are you keeping sifu's teaching alive? NO! Lloyd's skill is undeniable and you know this, which is why you wouldn't see him when he came back to NY at that time. Because all it requires is a touch. Sifu's method was far too unique for anyone to fake it. So what, Lloyd is like me now? Were both Chang San Fang types who learned Kenny Gong's style in a dream? I've been off the net for quite a while now. The same masters you said sifu took you too, told me to leave it alone because it was obvious to all that I was the only one keeping Sifu's teaching alive. Were have you been since 96? All the people I sent to you for Shing Yi, Have you produced any teachers? Have you done anything in the MA community to show Kenny Gong's school is still open? The only people that still know of sifu's name are those that knew it when he was alive. You only appear on the net and act like your the authority on all things Kenny Gong only when it's one of us. I know and remember your real reason James and our skin won't lighten.I still have my temper but I've matured a little so I didn't flip like the old days and I'm not going back to that frame of mind. You need to leave us alone. We tried to work with you. As hard as you try, there's nothing you can say or do to change the fact that we learned what we know from Kenny Gong and demonstrate it.After the last time, the joke was, I had been teaching for 15yrs and now you come? The same master's you say know your Sifu's successor, had been working with me directly. They were friends. As unique as Sifu's Style is, You basically said they didn't know I was a fraud until you came on the internet 15yrs later and told them? When all of us were in NY? You choose the internet? Your superiority complex is indeed intense. For MASTERS that knew him far longer than you, to acquiesce because you said so? As long as we demonstrate what we talk, especially in these times with the drive through kung fu taking center stage, Your making yourself look real stupid.
maoshan
Great Old One

Postby kenneth fish on Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:43 am

Lam ("monkey") passed away? I hadn't heard - last I heard he had a small class going in Chinatown. My apologies for not looking into it before repeating it.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby maoshan on Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:34 am

No Problem Ken. He went peacefully on the beach in Jamaica.
maoshan
Great Old One

Postby kenneth fish on Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:03 pm

How sad. He was a young man (well, younger than me at least). I enjoyed his company, sad to hear of his passing.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:23 pm

S- Kicks up feet, cracks beer.

It's like a time capsule opened up!
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One