Shijiazhuang, Hebei china, looking for a CMA teacher

Request a teacher near you. Any school opening notices are also posted here.

Shijiazhuang, Hebei china, looking for a CMA teacher

Postby Fatal Rose on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:47 pm

I'm specially interested in TaiJi but am willing to also study Xingyiquan, Bagua, CaiLiFo, or any other traditional Chinese martial art. I've done mainly Shotokan Karate since living in china. My work schedule doesn't allow me to wake up early and go to the parks. I have free time in Monday's and Tuesday's for CMA training.

If anyone knows of a decent teacher (doesn't have to speak English, my Chinese is ok enough) please let me know.
Talking Fists Podcast
Fatal Rose
Santi

Re: Shijiazhuang, Hebei china, looking for a CMA teacher

Postby nicklinjm on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:27 pm

It's not one of the styles you mentioned, but if you are in Shijiazhuang I would strongly recommend trying to find either Jiao Jian Guo (焦建国) or Shi Jian Yi (石建义) who teach Zhang style Duan Da (aka Mian Zhang Quan). It's not a famous style, but judging from their Youtube videos it is an extremely complete style with interesting power generation, great evasive footwork and tonnes of striking / throwing applications. Also it seems that Jiao Jian Guo is more than happy for his students to glove up and spar, which is rare for a TCMA teacher.

An example of Jiao Jian Guo teaching applications is here:

Think he teaches in Zhaotuo (赵陀公园) park in Shijiazhuang.

The other teacher I would recommend looking for is Yang Jian (杨俭), who teaches Yiquan and Xin Hui Zhang (the martial art created by the famous xingyi master Xue Dian) somewhere in Shijiazhuang. He learnt from his father Yang Hongchen, who studied from many of the first generation students of the founder of the art (Wang Xiangzhai), and appears to be very powerful and knowledgeable about these two arts, see video below:

nicklinjm
Wuji

Postby Fatal Rose on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:19 pm

Thanks so much for the info!
Talking Fists Podcast
Fatal Rose
Santi

Postby greytowhite on Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:28 pm

I think that Xue Dian's style was Xiang Xing Shu? Wasn't Zhao Daoxin the creator of Xinhuizhang?
greytowhite
Wuji

Return to Request a Teacher