Xinyi liuhe quan in Germany

Request a teacher near you. Any school opening notices are also posted here.

Xinyi liuhe quan in Germany

Postby Storm on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:56 pm

Hello, does anyone know someone who teaches this style in Germany? If not, is someone teaching the style in middle or north Europe? Thank you.
Storm
Santi

Re: Xinyi liuhe quan in Germany

Postby jbb73 on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:11 am

Hi Storm,

IMHO the definitely best adress in Germany is Dietmar Stubenbaum, who is teaching Che-Syle Xingyiquan.
(The Location for Workshops is Saarbrücken, the regular class is in Friedrichshafen.)

(You can contact me per PN for further information.)
Last edited by jbb73 on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
jbb73
Mingjing

Postby Storm on Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:19 am

Hello JBB,

thank you for the information. I will check out what information I can find out about him and his school on the big www. If I decide I want more info I will PM you.
I train Gao Bagua in Köln and the Yizong lineage contains Hebei Style Xingyi so I saw that and trained it once. Theoretically (Part of? The concepts?) Hebei Xingyiquan is included in Gao Bagua- so I was told. I do not train long enough to have an oppinion in that.
Was interested in Xinyi Liuhe Quan as I believe the methodology and training focus is different. Am not sure though and asked specifically this in the XYLHQ topic in the T-B-X part of the forum.
But if you or anyone else reading this has more direct information about the differences and/or similarities of XYLHQ vs Shanxi vs Hebei Xingyiquan (especially the Xingyiquan animals) I will appreciate any clarification.
Last edited by Storm on Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Storm
Santi

Postby jbb73 on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:02 pm

Storm wrote:Hello JBB,

thank you for the information. I will check out what information I can find out about him and his school on the big www. If I decide I want more info I will PM you.
I train Gao Bagua in Köln and the Yizong lineage contains Hebei Style Xingyi so I saw that and trained it once. Theoretically (Part of? The concepts?) Hebei Xingyiquan is included in Gao Bagua- so I was told. I do not train long enough to have an oppinion in that.
Was interested in Xinyi Liuhe Quan as I believe the methodology and training focus is different. Am not sure though and asked specifically this in the XYLHQ topic in the T-B-X part of the forum.
But if you or anyone else reading this has more direct information about the differences and/or similarities of XYLHQ vs Shanxi vs Hebei Xingyiquan (especially the Xingyiquan animals) I will appreciate any clarification.

Sorry, my mistake, I read Xingyi for Xinyi Liuhe !
(Albeit that would not change my recommendation. Che-Style is in many points close to Dai-Clan Xinyiquan and as far as I can judge now there are quite a lot differences to the Hebei-Xingyiquan I know or have seen.)

Especially for Xinyi Liuhe there is the group around Marburg (http://www.kungfu-marburg.de/pages/de/s ... r/team.php).
jbb73
Mingjing

Postby Storm on Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:46 pm

Hello JBB,

no problem- I was not aware of Dietmar as a trainer and his page is very interesting. So your recommendation is valuable nevertheless even if I asked for XYLHQ. Eshan gave me more information on that in the Xingyiquan-Bagua-Taiji subforum.
I was aware of the Marburg Group but after they founded a Xingyi-Xinyi European federation in 2015 they seemed to have stopped updating their page. The newest info I found was from the beginning of 2016- regarding XYQ/XYLHQ. And from what I read they were mainly training in Shang style Xingyiquan and started doing some Xinyi liuhe quan seminars 3-4 years ago so I am not sure if they teach it.
Some years ago there were some XYLHQ seminars offered in Sweden (if I remember correctly in Stockholm) with Qian Zhao-hong but they also didn't update their webpage in ages. There is at least one teacher in the UK teaching it (or partly) but that is all to far away for a family guy like me :-) Germany and the direct neighbours would be ok.
Last edited by Storm on Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Storm
Santi

Postby Trick on Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:28 pm

Storm wrote:Some years ago there were some XYLHQ seminars offered in Sweden (if I remember correctly in Stockholm) with Qian Zhao-hong but they also didn't update their webpage in ages. There is at least one teacher in the UK teaching it (or partly) but that is all to far away for a family guy like me :-) Germany and the direct neighbours would be ok.

As i remember a (primary) Wing Tsun school in Malmö (south of Sweden, closed to Germany)held/holds? XYLHQ classes and seminars with above mentioned teacher. Their webpage seem not very updated too but you can try contact with them. http://kung-fu.se It seem they have a lot of different stuff to offer/teach, in my opinion feels too commercial, but their teaching might be good.
Trick

Postby Trick on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:06 am

Whoops, I re read my post. It should be- City of Malmö,south of Sweden CLOSER to Germany
Trick

Postby driftwood on Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:22 am

Sadly, Qian Zhaohong, my teacher of many years recently passed away after a long illness. His son, Qian Shiying still visits Denmark to give seminars as far as I know... as recently as September of this year. Several of Qian Zhaohong's most serious students are from Denmark and spent significant time training with him in Shanghai. Also, in my understanding, many of Denmark's most experienced martial artists joined in training this tradition at seminars in Copenhagen and Sweden. There is an active effort now developing to preserve and pass on his teachings. You are lucky to have nearby access to this legacy. I think you should look on FB to connect to them. If you can't get in touch, PM me and I'll see what I can do. btw- I have also trained Gao style BGZ and the two approaches, while certainly different, will bring out the best in each other.

good luck.
driftwood
Santi

Postby Storm on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:06 pm

Thank you Driftwood. I will search on FB for the Danish group.
Sad to hear that Master Qian Zhaohong passed away.
Last edited by Storm on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Storm
Santi

Return to Request a Teacher