Formosa Neijia taichi class in Taipei

Request a teacher near you. Any school opening notices are also posted here.

Formosa Neijia taichi class in Taipei

Postby Formosa Neijia on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:47 pm

http://formosaneijia.com/taichi-class/

I'm finally taking the big plunge. The link above is my first attempt at marketing the class. If anyone is interested, please contact me. Class will be four days a week and an hour each day to start.

If any of you know someone that might be interested, please let them know about the class. I'll be teaching Chen Pan-ling taiji through his son Chen Yun-ching.

Thanks!

Dave C.
Last edited by Formosa Neijia on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time to put the QUAN back in taijiQUAN. Time to put the YANG back in YANG style taiji.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Re: Formosa Neijia taichi class in Taipei

Postby GrahamB on Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:59 am

Hey - I like the site redesign, and good luck with the class....... but I think your left kua is slightly out of alignment in that pic... just kidding ;D :P ;D

b.t.w. how did you get your wife to let you out of the house 4 nights a week to teach?!?!?!? - that's serious marriage-Fu! -bow-
Last edited by GrahamB on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby kreese on Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:53 am

The man's got to make a living, you know.
"Ignore the comments, people will bitch about anything." - Ian
kreese
Great Old One

Postby Formosa Neijia on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:03 am

kreese wrote:The man's got to make a living, you know.

Kreese is wise. :)

Dave C.
Time to put the QUAN back in taijiQUAN. Time to put the YANG back in YANG style taiji.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:36 pm

Good luck!

I hear that the road to teaching martial arts can be rather bumpy, but hang in there! (2-3 students for the first year or two is quite normal, even for a teacher with all of the goods.)
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Formosa Neijia on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:42 pm

edededed wrote:Good luck!

I hear that the road to teaching martial arts can be rather bumpy, but hang in there! (2-3 students for the first year or two is quite normal, even for a teacher with all of the goods.)

Hoping I can do better than that. But I hear you. It may be tough for a while. Thanks!

Dave C.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby kenneth fish on Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:38 am

I think that pic would make a good road sign pointing to the class location - you could put it on those stick in the ground type things the real estate people use. Best of luck with the class and the whole teacher/role model thing - I hope to see a sea of shining faces learning from you when I see you later this year.

Ken
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby Overlord on Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:23 am

Go Dave...I will spread the news to me friend in tw. That is very nice form BTW.

Over
Last edited by Overlord on Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Overlord

Postby Formosa Neijia on Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:10 am

Thanks guys. I appreciate your support. Keeping my fingers crossed and getting ready to work my butt off.

Dave C.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby Formosa Neijia on Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:06 am

Just letting everyone know that the evening taiji classes are getting started, as are my sanshou classes. We'll be adding a bootcamp fitness program 3x a week this week or next, plus some weekend seminars.

You can see some of the classes listed here:
http://formosaneijia.com/class/

If you know anyone interested, please tell them about the school.

thanks!
Dave C.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:10 am

Looks good Dave - we look forward to some video of your San Shou classes!
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Formosa Neijia on Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:52 pm

Tom wrote:Dave,

The map shows you fairly close to Taiwan Normal University . . . hopefully that will be a good source of students.

I like that idea of bootcamp fitness classes . . . especially if you tailor the exercises to the conditioning needed for MA work.

Wishing you the best of luck (and perseverance),

Tom

Tom,
I highlighted part of your text because that's exactly what I'll be doing. The idea is to use movements that will benefit the general public in terms of health and fitness plus physically prepare them for further IMA practice. You may remember my post some time ago (which you liked) about fixing people before you teach them. In my classes, I'm finding that this is true to a large extent. The physical preparation work can be broken off and taught separately for fitness. Dr. Fish's exercises are part of it, as well. Steve Cotter's work will also be a big part of it.

Dave C.
Last edited by Formosa Neijia on Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby Formosa Neijia on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:59 pm

Tom wrote:I sense a really good curriculum in the making, Dave. It would be worthwhile documenting parts of it on video, once you've had a chance to work with different exercises and see what really works with a variety of students.

Oh yes, moving in that direction already. Will start with some youtube videos to practice my video techniques and presentation and then move up to DVDs. The video helps reinforce the learning process and provides a visual reference. My school and trainings will basically be an extension of everything I've been talking about for three years now on my blog.

As always, I appreciate the generous support I've gotten from others. Thanks!

Dave C.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby Formosa Neijia on Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:03 pm

Tom wrote:
Formosa Neijia wrote: My school and trainings will basically be an extension of everything I've been talking about for three years now on my blog.

Dave C.

Everything??!! :o Oh dear. Qigong and kettlebells.

Yes, even those elements! Steve Cotter does both of those. The KBs represent a more yang expression for fitness and the qigong a more yin expression. Scott Sonnon has introduced a similar model with his latest KB DVD. It starts with Intu-flow for joint mobility, proceeds to KB work, then ends with Prasara yoga.

It's a very exciting time to be doing this stuff. Lots of chewy material out there. BTW, the work of those two men seems more and more important as I teach.

Dave C.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby Dale Dugas on Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:45 pm

Brother,

Good luck with your move to teaching.
Dr. Dale Dugas, AP DOM MAOM, Dipl.OM
http://www.daledugas.com
Dale Dugas
Great Old One

Next

Return to Request a Teacher