Baguazhang in Beijing

Request a teacher near you. Any school opening notices are also posted here.

Re: Baguazhang in Beijing

Postby AllanF on Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:01 pm

yzp: many thanks i will do closer to the time. Much appreciated.
AllanF

Postby xbl on Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:05 am

I-mon wrote:
ninepalace wrote:my bagua teacher's from beijing. the master he spoke most highly of was the late wang wen kuei. other's here have said he was one of the most respected bagua players there.

his closet student is named Bai Yun Cai. there's video of him teaching on youtube.

Bai Yu Cai

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=OncS_54yMvw

i would check this guy out for sure.

Has anyone studied with, or can tell me more about, Bai Yu Cai and his style of Bagua from the Liu Bin line?

I like this video footage very much.

Anyone know how to get in touch with tomasz?

thanks.
xbl
Santi

Postby mixjourneyman on Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:31 am

Oh yeah, don't sleep on Liu Jingru. He's pretty awesome from the video I have seen and my teacher speaks very highly of him.
Probably worth at least meeting him. Though from the video I have seen, I'm not so sure about his students.
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby gerard on Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:57 pm

josh wrote:I have heard the same thing about Ma Chuanxu as mentioned above by Swede, his rates are high and he makes beginners do a lot of circle-walking.

I would definitively recommend such a teacher. Lots and lots of circle walking and when you finish more circle walking.

In the spirit of:

The late Ajahn Singtong used to do so much walking meditation that he would make a rut in his walking path, and the novices would have to come and fill in the hollow. The sandy path that he used for walking meditation would actually become hollow because he would walk so many hours a day – sometimes up to fifteen or more hours a day! I know of another monk who walked meditation so much that he wouldn’t bother to go into his hut at night. When he got really tired after walking meditation all day and late into the night, he would lay down right there on the meditation path and use his fist as a pillow. He would go to sleep with mindfulness, having made a determination to get up the moment he woke. As soon as he woke up, he would start walking again. He basically lived on his walking meditation path! That monk was quick to attain results in his practice.

Walking meditation in the Thai Forest Tradition

That's the real warrior mentality! :)
gerard
Mingjing

Previous

Return to Request a Teacher