Beijing Shuaijiao in Downtown Los Angeles

Request a teacher near you. Any school opening notices are also posted here.

Beijing Shuaijiao in Downtown Los Angeles

Postby DAi-BoXeR on Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:12 pm

Coach He Guanda of Tianjin, 12 time China Heavyweight Champion and '07 Heavyweight Champ of San Jose Internationals, is coming to Downtown Los Angeles right around the corner from The Staple Center. A literal walking encyclopedia of wrestling, he is a highly knowledgeable patient and very nice teacher as well as a beast of a wrestler. Coach He will be teaching weekly and will be covering Shuaijiao basics (jibengong), grip fighting, entry level and intermediate trips throws and takedowns, and sparring/competition. Coach's Team Guanda competes regulary so there is plenty of opportunity to develop your skill against resisting opponents and also have a ton of fun! This is a rare opportunity to learn the less common "Beijing" style of Chinese/Mongolian Wrestling, as it is an excellent auxilliary skillset to complement any style but especially CMA for fighting and for Judo folks, an opportunity to compare the contrast between the two great methods and pick up some unusual skills. MMA folks can also pick up some devastating throws and takedowns that can add an extra dynamic to your MMA game.

For more info:
Email: [email protected]
Call: 213 245 9646

All the best in your life and training.
Last edited by DAi-BoXeR on Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 8 times in total.
DAi-BoXeR

Re: Beijing Shuaijiao in Downtown Los Angeles

Postby josh on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:33 am

I've been meaning to come check out Coach He for a while now. Any info on what day(s) of the week he will be teaching?
通背神拳誰敢擋﹐無影無形無柔剛。兩手捧定千斤法﹐專打邪魔鬼神忙。
josh
Great Old One

Postby DAi-BoXeR on Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:36 pm

Still tentative but most likely will be Tuesdays and Thursdays possibly day and evenings
DAi-BoXeR

Postby nianfong on Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:59 pm

oh mann I'm jealous. I wish i could have SC classes on tue and thur nights!!
nianfong
Administrator

Postby nianfong on Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:59 pm

BTW, this should be in the "request a teacher" section. I'll move it there.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby DAi-BoXeR on Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:09 pm

Thx Fong. Yeah tryin to get the SJ buzz goin. See you in Cleveland?
DAi-BoXeR

Postby GaryR on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:42 pm

Nice,

Thanks for posting, this is around the corner from my school!

Do you know when he will start teaching and the cost?

Thanks,

G
GaryR

Postby josh on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:43 pm

Cool! those days would work well for me, and downtown is on my way home from work. Please keep us posted! Is Coach He still teaching Saturdays out in Temple City?
通背神拳誰敢擋﹐無影無形無柔剛。兩手捧定千斤法﹐專打邪魔鬼神忙。
josh
Great Old One

Postby DAi-BoXeR on Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:34 pm

josh wrote:Cool! those days would work well for me, and downtown is on my way home from work. Please keep us posted! Is Coach He still teaching Saturdays out in Temple City?

Yeah the Temple City group is going strong. And on a weekend with no traffic it takes suprisingly little time to get there.
DAi-BoXeR

Postby DAi-BoXeR on Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:35 pm

Okay Josh, GaryR and all others, just got the 411 from Coach He. The days will be Tues and Thurs around 630 or 700p. Cost is $100 per month for two weekly classes that run from 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours (Not bad considering the rarity of 'Beijing style'). Classes will begin early next month pending some remodelling of the training spot (A loft). This will be a devastatingly fun downtown activity!

PS:Gents and ladies please keep chiming in so I can continue to gauge the 'buzz' and keep an idea of how many to expect. I guarantee Beijing Shuaijiao is one of the most fun and useful skillsets youll ever train. And Coach He is one tough but very cool cat. Cheers to all and see you on the mat.
DAi-BoXeR

Postby gasmaster on Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:32 pm

Hey Dai,
Always wanted to study some shuaijiao. As soon as I get some money I'll be coming by. Just need to get a new job, cause my business has blown donkey nads for a while now.
gasmaster
Great Old One

Return to Request a Teacher