Taiji in Shanghai

Request a teacher near you. Any school opening notices are also posted here.

Re: Taiji in Shanghai

Postby Shanghaijay on Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:47 am

cdobe wrote:Jay,
first of all, I'm not looking for a teacher. I went to see Shen out of curiosity, because of all the positive things you and others had to say about him. I am already very capable of performing the forms, shou fa and supplementary exercises as transmitted by Ma Yueliang. Nothing he did, except for the double sword form, was new to me.
Second, as I have clearly written, I've practiced with him. I've mostly asked him with my hands, in a respectful way of course. BTW, he's in my region at the moment and was in my town just yesterday. I haven't seen him once.
Third, I have never lived in China, but I did study Chinese in the past. I'm not good at it, but we made ourselves understood without any bigger problems.

Cdobe,

No worries. Sounds like you got it figured out.

cdobe wrote:Lastly, you should drop your elitism. I remember your words: some of us - meaning yourself - have seen and felt more than others. Guess what? You haven't. I'm not sure about the other way around.

If I said that I would like to see the context before I will comment. Probably has a lot to do with being a foreigner and stuff taught behind close doors. If you have not lived in China and don't speak Chinese you can not assume you have the exact same experience of someone that has. As most Chinese have never driven a Porshe on the autobahn. Different experience not better just different.

Also FWIW The form that Shen showed you that you never saw was what he felt like showing you not necessarily everything he knows.

As for what you have seen and learned. You have yours and I have mine. I am not trying to convince you or anyone else a thing. I am also not willing to trade my experience for yours.

Jay
Last edited by Shanghaijay on Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shanghaijay
Anjing

Re: Taiji in Shanghai

Postby gzregorz on Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:39 am

I re-created the footage from the Shanghai Fight Club.

I made it so those interested remained anonymous.

Let me know what you guys think.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9447

Greg
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Previous

Return to Request a Teacher