Training in Albuquerque NM

Request a teacher near you. Any school opening notices are also posted here.

Training in Albuquerque NM

Postby Sean on Wed May 12, 2010 5:56 am

I'm gonna be going back to Alb. for a month in July of this summer to visit family, and was wondering of anyone knows of some good people to train some taiji and mantis with.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Sean
Wuji

Re: Training in Albuquerque NM

Postby JAB on Wed May 12, 2010 3:48 pm

Since I left no more mantis. What do you want from Taiji?
Honestly go train with Tussa Alencar. Your bang for your buck will get you much further their! He is a multi time world and pan champ!
JAB
JAB

Postby Sean on Wed May 12, 2010 4:48 pm

It's a damn shame you left! Would have loved to train with you.

From taiji I'm looking for someone to do some push hands and sparring. I have no idea what the taiji community is like in the Duke City, and I was hoping to find some open minded people willing to roll and spar a bit. You don't have any ex-students who still train there?

I checked out Tussa Alencar on the web, and he certainly has the goods. The ground game is not really my thing ever since I busted my hip, but I'll go check him out with my bro, who has crossed trained with the bjj guys in Shanghai. Thanks for the tip!

Sean
Sean
Wuji

Postby Chris Fleming on Wed May 12, 2010 6:47 pm

Have to give a shout out for the Yin Cheng Gong Fa branch in NM.

http://www.ycgf.org/YCGF_NMB/YCGF_NMB_HS_Photo.html
Chris Fleming

Postby JAB on Thu May 13, 2010 5:42 am

Good call Chris, I was going to suggest Patrick. Dug Corpolongo has good push hands, but no sparring to speak of.
I have a few students, but none are teaching or anything. The group kind of scattered since I left. Trust me bro, if the economy was better I would move back in a minute. I miss it everyday!
JAB
JAB

Postby Sean on Thu May 13, 2010 6:33 am

Thanks for the link, Chris.
And if you say he has good push hands, JAB, I'll definitely go check him out. He also does a lot of hebei xing yi, as I understand it. Could be interesting.

I hear what you're saying...I miss the desert. Living up here in the north of France must be a bit like living in Seattle, weather wise. Moss can actually grow on you if you don't keep moving!
Sean
Wuji

Postby JAB on Thu May 13, 2010 2:21 pm

Good for you for getting out of France. Too much time there will make you simply want to surrender endlessly in combat ;)
JAB

Return to Request a Teacher