Internal Martial Art fighting concept & principle seminar

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Internal Martial Art fighting concept & principle seminar

Postby mqmaster on Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:48 am

July 26th half day seminar at San Diego, Aug 3rd full day seminar at Los Angeles Arboretum and Aug 9th at San Diego half day seminar, more info visit http://www.internalmartialarts.net.
Seminar will be focus on the explanation of internal martial arts concepts and principles as well as demonstrating and teaching of such concepts. In addition to concepts and principles Master Huang Hao Fu will demonstrate Qigong and Farji with the Chen style applications.Master Huang Hao Fu is the 3rd generation disciple of Mater he Fa-Ke, the great master of combat Chen Tai Chi. He is the "inside"student of Master Chen Jiao-Hui, the son of Chen Fa-Ke. Master Huang has dedicated hes life to learning and applying internal martial arts, chi development, and traditional Chinese Taoist healing methods. Master Huang had more than fifty years of martial art experience. he has tested his martial arts skills by traveling around China accepting d challenging other martial art masters. In addition to his peerless martial skills, Master Huang is also a master of Chinese Taoism. He traveled and studied for twenty years with a wandering high Taoist adept and healer and had applied what he had learned. He is not only has a deep understanding of Taoist philosophy but has also practiced Taoist traditional medicine, Feng Shui, and secret Chi Healing techniques. As a well rounded internal martial arts Master, Huang Hao Fu's expert knowledge goes well beyond Chen Tai Chi, his Ba Gua, Xing Yi and shoalin skills are also incredibly well developed. Master Huang has a unique training program that has a high success rate in producing effective martial artists.
Last edited by mqmaster on Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
mqmaster
Santi

Re: Internal Martial Art fighting concept & principle seminar

Postby Dmitri on Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:02 pm

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

I watched this short video from your site, and I have a question. Taijiquan (Yang style in particular) is generally known for maintaining constant height throughout most of the form, and certainly through every weight shift/transition between postures. My questions are, 1) has it been taught to you like this by your teacher(s) or is it your modification/expression of the form, and 2) what are the advantages of such changes of height?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Dmitri
Dmitri
Great Old One

Re: Internal Martial Art fighting concept & principle seminar

Postby mqmaster on Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:35 pm

Thank you for your question, G rapping sparrow's tail on transition it has a uprooting process, if you move just laterally it will be bad for your knee and in real application you will not be able to counter a bigger force coming at you. I was taught that way and I had research the leverage and body mechanic on the application. It works every time I apply it.
mqmaster
Santi

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups