Dan Harden: IP, aiki and application, UK and Netherlands

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Dan Harden: IP, aiki and application, UK and Netherlands

Postby Bodywork on Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:04 pm

Hi all
So I keep being asked about the UK, and on a separate note I have something in the works for May in Amsterdam but it is already mostly booked.
I had a bunch of guys from here ask me about the UK. If people would be interested could you write me at [email protected] and we can see if there is enough interest for a get together. I have a busy spring and I am trying to plan
Thanks and Happy New Year
Dan.
Bodywork

Re: Dan Harden: IP, aiki and application, UK and Netherlands

Postby Bodywork on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:44 pm

Okay
So it looks like we have somewhere around 20 people so far.
The Netherlands locations will be in Zwolle on May 7-8th with a small informal Friday night class thrown in as well if people want to do it.
I am thinking of payment through paypal. and I am arranging that today.
The cost will be 135 Euro. paid in by Jan 21st to reserve a spot. As it is it looks like it is going to be full fast
I will have an add up by Monday night

England is in the works
I'll get back to ya'll soon
Cheers
Dan
Bodywork

Postby AllanF on Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:46 pm

Best of luck with the European seminars, unfortunately i'll not be able to attend this time round.
But with a bit if luck if all goes well you'll want to come back over that side of the pond in a couple of years when i return to Scotland.

Allan
AllanF

Postby middleway on Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:38 am

would be interested in the England Session Dan so look forward to further information.

all the best.

chris
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby Bodywork on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:16 am

Hi Chris
I will be back home Monday and will finalize. It looks like both are just about full. We will see how the registration process goes.
It will be great to finally meet and put a face to our words.
Cheers
Dan
Bodywork

Postby middleway on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:19 am

definitely i would really look forward to it!

thanks for letting me know, i am very interested, my other training Dependant (which is regrettably unmovable)

Cheers
Chris
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby Martin on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:16 am

UK would be good, Dan...
Martin
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:18 am

If I can fit it in around changing nappies I will. Not my own, I hasten to add.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Void on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:52 pm

I pm'd you a while back saying if you come to England I'd like to meet up - that still holds true.

Have you a location in mind ? are you working with someone in particular to arrange things ?
Void
Huajing

Postby Neuro on Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:45 am

I'd be interested in going, and have emailed.
Neuro
Santi

Postby Iskendar on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:52 pm

Mail sent...
I.
Iskendar
Wuji

Postby Bodywork on Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

It looks like this Seminar is already full, but payment is required to finalize registration. Thus there is still time to get in under the wire.
I am using Paypal to handle the the conversion from Euro to Dollars. The instructions are at the bottom.
Hope to see you there
Dan

Date: May 7-8th 2011
Basisschool De Klokbeker
IJsselcentraleweg 65
8014 BK Zwolle

This seminar is a continuation of the workshops already taking place with Dan with advance level students and teachers. This will be the second time Dan is making his research into the Japanese arts and the resultant training practices of his private dojo available to students instead of teachers. Dan has been focusing his efforts on teachers. This is event is an opportunity for students to begin training. The goal is to offer a workshop in a neutral environment, with an emphasis on learning and understanding internal power and aiki in a global sense, while undertaking the difficult task of taking that first step into personal training and integration of the concepts into your own art.

The work shop will cover introductory basics of the system Dan has developed and used successfully with hundreds of practitioners from a wide range of martial arts. Dan will outline the training in such a way as to make the relevancy to martial movement immediate, clear and accessible. Included will be:
* A presentation of how the martial arts take advantage of natural and common postural failures and methods Dan has been taught and developed for building a bujutsu body that moves antithetical to the "principles" most martial arts use as their foundation for defeating the common body frame.
* How the trained body can begin to take care of itself automatically while delivery non-dedicated force to create openings in a live environment.
* An emphasis on specific training tools (solo and paired) to develop internal power, and specifically how it relates to aiki connections in a martial context.
* Creating and maintaining a structure supported on all sides and how to strengthen it with breath training exercises.
The material covered; while benefiting aikido greatly, will not be "specific" to the aiki arts, like Aikido and Daito ryu, but to many grappling or striking arts and Koryu as well, so teachers from other disciplines are welcome.

This will be a closed seminar with no pictures, video, or visitors allowed. Participants are required to fill out an application available by e-mailing Dan at [email protected] for further details and to be considered for a spot. People may or may not be accepted by Dan's sole discretion.
Seminar fee is 135 euro for both days (no partial attendance or single days).
Payment in full is required and due on or before Feb. 15th to register and reserve a place for the event. There is no registration at the door. I am using Paypal for the payments. Paypal account is [email protected]

Hope to see ya there
Dan
Bodywork

Postby cloudz on Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:54 am

Hi Dan,

any updates available re. the UK much appreciated, how's that going? sent you a mail a little while ago.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby Bodywork on Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:26 pm

Hi George
Almost done. It looks like its going to be the weekend after the Netherlands. I have a few details to work out.
Dan
Bodywork

Postby cloudz on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:53 am

Great, I'll keep those few weeks clear. Thanks Dan.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Next

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups