Cerebus at the Lei Tai

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Re: Cerebus at the Lei Tai

Postby Felipe Bidó on Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:41 pm

Very nice man, very nice
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby Dmitri on Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:25 pm

Congrats man.
Looks like she didn't so a very good job starting you guys off properly at 3:06, so the guy rushed you before you were completely ready.

Respex, and keep up the good work! 8-)
Last edited by Dmitri on Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby dragontigerpalm on Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:23 pm

After watching the clip several times the one main suggestion I would make for future training is work more on protecting your head. Your opponent seemed to have got in too many times. Slapping incoming hands and slipping with some bob and weave would definitely make you less vulnerable.
The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during War.
dragontigerpalm
Wuji

Postby Dale Dugas on Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:20 pm

Troy,

congrats on getting out there and putting your money where your san ti is.

Hope the jow helped you.

Be well, train hard and heal quickly

Dale
Dr. Dale Dugas, AP DOM MAOM, Dipl.OM
http://www.daledugas.com
Dale Dugas
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:27 pm

Thanks Dale. Indeed the jow was a tremendous help and GREATLY appreciated. Certainly the most potent stuff I've ever used.

Dragontigerpalm, oh yes that was definitely my major issue in the first round. I'm really unhappy that I just let those punches through because I had trained enough to defend against them that I could easily have done so. I'll remember it better next time...
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Dale Dugas on Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:46 am

cerebus wrote:Thanks Dale. Indeed the jow was a tremendous help and GREATLY appreciated. Certainly the most potent stuff I've ever used.

Troy,

Very glad to hear the medicine helped you with your injuries. The jow I sent to you is one of the most powerful out there. It helps many. glad I could help.
Let me know how I can be of service to you again in time of need as well as anyone else who would like to try some of the same medicine when needed.

Be well, train hard and heal quickly

Dale
Dr. Dale Dugas, AP DOM MAOM, Dipl.OM
http://www.daledugas.com
Dale Dugas
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:06 am

You were really close to getting that third throw.

If you just had a few more days to get your cardio back to where it normally is...that would have been your match.

There are times I've seen you go pretty much an hour straight in the park. Next time you'll be in top form.
CaliG

Postby cerebus on Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:07 am

CaliG wrote:You were really close to getting that third throw.

If you just had a few more days to get your cardio back to where it normally is...that would have been your match.

There are times I've seen you go pretty much an hour straight in the park. Next time you'll be in top form.

Yeah, that's one of the most disappointing parts for me, was having gotten my cardio so close to where I wanted it and then losing it all due to the back thing... :-\
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:07 am

cerebus wrote:
CaliG wrote:You were really close to getting that third throw.

Yeah, that's one of the most disappointing parts for me, was having gotten my cardio so close to where I wanted it and then losing it all due to the back thing... :-\

You shouldn't feel down about anything.

No matter what anyone says you can use your stuff, those closest to you know that you're the fighter who is dominating that first round.

That guy who lost his wind is what would happen anyone who lost their wind.
CaliG

Previous

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups