Upcoming Fight and push hands Events HERE

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Upcoming Fight and push hands Events HERE

Postby neijia_boxer on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:38 am

IBF Ring Wars in Delaware Feb. 25
http://www.ibfpromo.com/



Man Up Stand Up March 4th

http://www.manupstandup.com/



US Koushu (Trials for Worlds)

http://www.usksf.org/

USAWKF tournament

http://www.usawkf.com/enevts/index.php?articleid=646


Sanda World cup:

http://www.usawkf.com/enevts/index.php?articleid=658


ICMAC tournament circuit info
http://www.kungfuchampionship.com/

World Sanda League coming soon

http://www.worldsandaleague.com/


Push Hands in Los Angelas Area:

http://www.meetup.com/SaMo-PushHands/ev ... vn&rv=md2o

Push Hands in Washington DC metro area

March 10th

http://www.wuweitaichi.com/class_event.htm
neijia_boxer

 

Re: Upcoming Fight and push hands Events HERE

Postby npc on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:41 pm

wow bt in a video game ahahaha

anyone attend his ny events ? tie belts together as ropes lol theyre pretty entertaining overall tho some guys flail a lot
npc
Anjing
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: idk

Re: Upcoming Fight and push hands Events HERE

Postby nianfong on Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:07 pm

the yearly USSA (United States Shuaichiao Association) nationals tournament will again be held in Cleveland, OH, at Case Western Reserve University on 4/14/2012
There will be both Shuaijiao and Sanshou.
http://shaolininstitute.com/institute/events.shtml
Last edited by nianfong on Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
nianfong
Administrator
 
Posts: 4570
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:28 am
Location: SF Bay Area

Re: Upcoming Fight and push hands Events HERE

Postby Pandrews1982 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:16 pm

European Chinese Sword fighting tournament, 2nd June, to be held in the Netherlands, venue TBC but early indications are that it is likely to be in Amersfoort which is not far from Amsterdam.

More info should be posted on http://www.jianfa.nl and http://www.swordleague.com as it becomes available.
Pandrews1982
Great Old One
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:04 am

Re: Upcoming Fight and push hands Events HERE

Postby neijia_boxer on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:39 am

nianfong wrote:the yearly USSA (United States Shuaichiao Association) nationals tournament will again be held in Cleveland, OH, at Case Western Reserve University on 4/14/2012
There will be both Shuaijiao and Sanshou.
http://shaolininstitute.com/institute/events.shtml


Image
Last edited by neijia_boxer on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
neijia_boxer

 

Re: Upcoming Fight and push hands Events HERE

Postby liokault on Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:36 pm

April
15
24th Festival of Chinese Martial Arts &
British Open Tai Chi Chuan Championships
Oxford, England
0208 368 6815 or [email protected]

As last year, Koushu (standard getting better every year, lots of KO's last year (MMA gloves, elbows and knees on a proper lei tai), fixed PH, Moving step PH (should just get rid of the no grabbing round the waist rule and call it shui jiao as well as the normal forms etc etc.
liokault
Great Old One
 
Posts: 1059
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:00 am

Re: Upcoming Fight and push hands Events HERE

Postby neijia_boxer on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:26 pm

cung Le's born to fight is this weekend.

http://cungle.com/gym/btf-tournament/
neijia_boxer

 

Re: Upcoming Fight and push hands Events HERE

Postby liokault on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:47 pm

liokault wrote:April
15
24th Festival of Chinese Martial Arts &
British Open Tai Chi Chuan Championships
Oxford, England
0208 368 6815 or [email protected]

As last year, Koushu (standard getting better every year, lots of KO's last year (MMA gloves, elbows and knees on a proper lei tai), fixed PH, Moving step PH (should just get rid of the no grabbing round the waist rule and call it shui jiao as well as the normal forms etc etc.


Just been reading through the rules on the Koushu:

Legal Techniques
■Striking with fist, palm, foot, elbow or knee to a legal target area.
■Throwing, wrestling, grappling and take downs.
■Contestants may engage in ‘active’ standing wrestling for up to 5 seconds.
■Contestants may engage in ‘passive’ standing wrestling for up to 3 seconds.

Always lots of KO's
liokault
Great Old One
 
Posts: 1059
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:00 am

Re: Upcoming Fight and push hands Events HERE

Postby middleway on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:56 am

hey LioKault

I can only find 2011 information online?

whens the 2012 event do you know?

cheers
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji
 
Posts: 4268
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 2:25 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Upcoming Fight and push hands Events HERE

Postby Azer on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:42 am

Hi Chris,

Its here:

http://www.taichiunion.com/events.php

need to scroll down to: 24th Festival Of Chinese Martial Arts And British Open Tai Chi Championships
"All around, dude, try to imagine cold, cause the van is kinda hot, wrap the rat in tacky coat" - Duke Duke
Azer
Wuji
 
Posts: 943
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 2:28 am
Location: London

Re: Upcoming Fight and push hands Events HERE

Postby liokault on Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:07 pm

middleway wrote:hey LioKault

I can only find 2011 information online?

whens the 2012 event do you know?

cheers


April 15.

No face guards this year and with really light gloves. Since its been the new rules (2 years) there has been plenty of KO's and blood, should be more this year.

You still thinking about the full contact?
liokault
Great Old One
 
Posts: 1059
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:00 am

Re: Upcoming Fight and push hands Events HERE

Postby middleway on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:59 am

yep was until i found out this was the date .... i am training BJJ at an MMA gym and should be teaching IMA's to the fighters there soon, one of my students is a fighter from UTC in brum. So would have loved to have done the full contact n get some more tourney experience ... alas ... next year as i am away that weekend! :( why did i have May in my head about this .. have they changed the date?

Do you know of any other full contact CMA tournys in the UK that are worth looking at?

cheers
Chris
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji
 
Posts: 4268
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 2:25 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Upcoming Fight and push hands Events HERE

Postby neijia_boxer on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:27 am

WONG PEOPLE 2012 Tournament
Sunday June 24, 2012
Washington DC
for info call Raymond Wong 202-494-3700
or
www.wongpeople.com
neijia_boxer

 

Re: Upcoming Fight and push hands Events HERE

Postby liokault on Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:11 am

middleway wrote:yep was until i found out this was the date .... i am training BJJ at an MMA gym and should be teaching IMA's to the fighters there soon, one of my students is a fighter from UTC in brum. So would have loved to have done the full contact n get some more tourney experience ... alas ... next year as i am away that weekend! :( why did i have May in my head about this .. have they changed the date?

Do you know of any other full contact CMA tournys in the UK that are worth looking at?

cheers
Chris


No, the date changes with Easter, it’s always the weekend after Easter I think.

Dude, (I think I have said this before) talk to Rob Simpson of Pro Koushu. He runs the full contact at the British Open (the one I linked) and it was always going to be part of a circuit with 4 events a year. I don't think he has ever managed more than two events a year as yet but he will be able to tell you when the next one is. Also it’s worth telling him its your first fight etc etc, really nice guy. Other than that its just BCCMA, personally I would stay clear of that as its crap.
liokault
Great Old One
 
Posts: 1059
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:00 am

Re: Upcoming Fight and push hands Events HERE

Postby CheapBastid on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:41 am

Monthly Orange County Push Hands meetup:

http://www.meetup.com/Orange-County-Pus ... ice-Group/
User avatar
CheapBastid
Mingjing
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 12:18 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Next

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest