Guelph (shameless self promotion)

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Guelph (shameless self promotion)

Postby mixjourneyman on Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:04 pm

This is for anyone in the Guelph/KW/Cambridge/Fergus/Elora/Elmira etc area.

I've just started teaching a few people Cheng style bagua in Royal city park on Saturdays in Guelph.
I've practiced IMA for about 5.5 years and teach from the lineage of Cheng You Long (Via my teacher Yang Hai).
Any and all are welcome to join the class.
We start at 10:00 AM and go till whenever.
We are in the pagoda (its quite visible from the street and has good parking).

If I could find enough people, I could be convinced to also show a little xingyi from the Li Cunyi lineage too.
We will practice outside until November, at which point we will find an indoor space.
Classes are based on self defense and a little bit of energy work.

For more info you can either pm me here or email lizardlioneagle at hotmail dot com

Happy training

edit: I'm not a master or anything, just a guy who does martial arts and likes to share them. :D
Last edited by mixjourneyman on Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Re: Guelph (shameless self promotion)

Postby GrahamB on Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:56 am

Hey Mix,

One of my students is in your fair land. He's near Vermont/Ottawa - how far away is that? Near enough to send him over to kick your ass? ;D (Just kidding...)
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:22 am

GrahamB wrote:Hey Mix,

One of my students is in your fair land. He's near Vermont/Ottawa - how far away is that? Near enough to send him over to kick your ass? ;D (Just kidding...)

lolfl.

Its pretty far from me (about five hours). Its pretty close to my teacher though (like three hours).
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Wudangshan on Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:21 am

By the looks of a map, you are probably about 1 to 1 1/2 hours from Buffalo, yes?
Wudangshan
Santi

Postby mixjourneyman on Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:31 am

Wudangshan wrote:By the looks of a map, you are probably about 1 to 1 1/2 hours from Buffalo, yes?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_far_is_it ... to_Toronto

It says its about 3.5 hours to Toronto, dunno about Guelph, but I'd imagine it would take you a while.

I'd be happy to meet and practice together, but I want you to know that in terms of teaching quality, I am no where near good enough to merit a 3 hour drive.
But if you end up in the area, come see me. We can practice together and have some sushi afterwards. :D
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Wudangshan on Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:40 am

HA! its takes me an hour and a half to toronto, not 3. 100 miles going 80 mph, of course, speed limint is only like 80 kmh on the QEW. but you are in guelph? if not which city, then I can map it out myself and see. I am like you, been training for about 6 years and like sharing the many styles of bagua and tai chi I have learned. I am certified to teach tai chi, but am far from a master.
Wudangshan
Santi

Postby mixjourneyman on Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:43 pm

Cool shite.
I'm in Guelph, its pretty close to Toronto. Maybe about and Hour.5
You are welcome to come out any time. :)
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups