Dan Harden in Hawaii, July 2014

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Dan Harden in Hawaii, July 2014

Postby Chris Li on Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:40 pm

Registration materials for "Internal training, Aiki, and empowering Aikido", the July 2014 workshops with Dan Harden on Oahu and the Big Island of Hawaii are now available - this July will be the first workshop to held in Hilo!

See the Aikido Sangenkai website for more information.

Best,

Chris
Chris Li
Mingjing

Re: Dan Harden in Hawaii, July 2014

Postby Chris Li on Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:07 pm

A nice review of the Friday night session in Hilo:

"I've done internal arts before as well, such as Iron Shirt Qi Gong and Yang Taijiquan. The teaching that Mr. Dan Harden conveyed to us last night seemed to be bare-bones, no bull, straight to the point info on how to develop internal power. Mr. Harden's explosive power is the action to his words, and the words of many other great teachers that have come before him over the last 2600 years. I was "initiated" by him in that I was on the receiving end of his (thankfully) non-lethal strikes. I could feel the power of those explosive strikes being released into my chest and into my leg. Mr. Harden is a charismatic and knowledgable teacher. I think all martial artists would benefit from learning what Mr. Dan Harden knows. I now know why some people travel from far away places to learn from him."

And here are some photos from the Hawaii workshop.

Best,

Chris
Chris Li
Mingjing

Postby I am... on Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:05 am

Looks like a lot of fun :)
http://www.appliedcombat.com

"Once you have firmly decided that you face certain death, overwhelming thoughts of fear will be exhausted in your mind..."
-Hirayama Shiryu-
I am...
Wuji

Postby Bodywork on Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:52 am

Great Fun. And Tom is correct. They have become like family to me. The people there are just so warm and open. They also take their martial arts seriously.
We trained in Hilo at an amazing place, the Waiakea Recreational Center. Imagine a community center devoted to just martial arts!!! Aikido, Judo, Karate, Kendo, BJJ, Kyudo, Capoeira, Tae Kwon Do, Hapkido and even an outside sumo ring under a Japanese roof!! They had three main mat spaces maybe about 35' x 35' and one of them was a spring loaded floor, another one upstairs, and another building for Kyudo. I was stunned.
More pics on my facebook page including a nice shot of pole shaking.
https://www.facebook.com/dan.harden.3
I can't wait to go back in December.
Dan
Bodywork

Postby Michael on Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:53 am

Tough to beat 2600 years of power. ;)
Michael

Postby Chris Li on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:02 am

Bodywork wrote:We trained in Hilo at an amazing place, the Waiakea Recreational Center. Imagine a community center devoted to just martial arts!!! Aikido, Judo, Karate, Kendo, BJJ, Kyudo, Capoeira, Tae Kwon Do, Hapkido and even an outside sumo ring under a Japanese roof!! They had three main mat spaces maybe about 35' x 35' and one of them was a spring loaded floor, another one upstairs, and another building for Kyudo. I was stunned.

It used to be a supermarket owned by a Japanese family. When the owners got older and retired the family donated the land and building as a facility for martial arts practice. Actually, it was a dump for years, but the state just completed an extensive renovation and it's gorgeous! Never mind the ghosts, though... ;)

Actually, I think that it's Dan that brings out the Aloha in us.

Best,

Chris
Chris Li
Mingjing

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups