UK internal arts course

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

UK internal arts course

Postby middleway on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:33 am

Hi All,

Been working on systemising a few things for the last 3 or so years from Aiki, IMAs and other research and feel I am ready to teach them. I dont want to be all cheesy and say that its anything groundbreaking but i have shown a few people i trust and they say its a good fast track for people in IMAs. Not claiming mastery of anything in particular but if it helps some people with their own training then happy days. :D

Will be running a course over 6 months starting later this year so if anyone UK based is interested please get in touch and i will send you the information.

Cheers
Chris.
Last edited by middleway on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Re: UK internal arts course

Postby Patrick on Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:41 am

I would definitly be interessted, if I would live near you! Good luck!
http://www.dhyana-fitness.at- The philosophy and practice of a healthy life
Patrick
Wuji

Postby middleway on Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:51 am

cheers mate. Might film some of it so will ping over a video if i do.
Me

middleway
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:50 pm

What? You're going to post videos and actually explain your methods?

That's crazy talk! Don't you know that to be an Aiki Master you need to never explain what you do, never post anything of substance, never post a video and just bemoan the general lack of internal ability of everybody else and then post a link to your seminars, which nobody can go to anyway because they are already full.

;)
Last edited by GrahamB on Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby middleway on Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:07 pm

Haha. In fact I will put up a video of one of the exercises soon. That's how crazy I am!!!
Me

middleway
Wuji

Postby lineofintent on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:28 am

Wish you success with this Chris,

for those who don't know, Chris had years of having to actually test and use this work on the doors of one of UKs most violent clubs, not a fun job but it gives his Neijia a different edge and quality to most.
lineofintent
Wuji

Postby AlexF on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:42 am

Good luck Chris, hope it goes well.
Would be interesting to hear how you go about blending/explaining the Aiki and ICMA together. Maybe a participant will post a review in the future.
AlexF
Santi

Postby Taste of Death on Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:38 pm

GrahamB wrote:What? You're going to post videos and actually explain your methods?

That's crazy talk! Don't you know that to be an Aiki Master you need to never explain what you do, never post anything of substance, never post a video and just bemoan the general lack of internal ability of everybody else and then post a link to your seminars, which nobody can go to anyway because they are already full.

;)

Even if Dan Harden does not know where you live his aiki gamma rays will find their way to you. You may consider wearing a tin foil hat of your own construction to ward them off. Bizarro Dan Harden's hats are too pricey and always sold out.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby middleway on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:06 pm

Hi alexF

It's not a blending, as I think the body method it's core is the same. :)

I will post some information up on the course as and when I write it, no secrets here so it will be available to anyone who wants it. :)

Thanks
Me

middleway
Wuji

Postby Bodywork on Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:45 am

Good luck, Chris. I hope you have fun and meet some interesting people. In years to come it would be interesting to hear your overall opinion of the level of Internals and aiki in those you are about to meet.

GrahamB wrote:What? You're going to post videos and actually explain your methods?
That's crazy talk! Don't you know that to be an Aiki Master you need to never explain what you do, never post anything of substance, never post a video and just bemoan the general lack of internal ability of everybody else and then post a link to your seminars, which nobody can go to anyway because they are already full. ;)

Once again, stabs and sarcasm accepted Graham.
To clarify...
1. I deny being a "master" of anything. And I am not a teacher. I am not responsible for what people call me or say about me.
2. I do seminars in open rooms
3. For years I took on some seriously capable people who wanted to test me.....IN OPEN ROOMS. Hundreds of well known teachers bore witness to some interesting things.
4. Bemoaning the lack of IP in everybody else? That is an exaggeration of anything I have said. On the whole though, I would agree it is more true than not. My opinion is based on reading tens of thousands of posts and articles and then feeling people one-on-one. While I think I suck, it doesn't say much for what I am finding.
5. Explain what I do? Why explain what so many of you already claim to know and do yourselves and that is already out there all over the place. In fact, all I keep hearing is that everybody knows this. Fine by me. I think that's wonderful, though it doesn't seem to help much in how so many of you feel when we meet. I just keep asking people who already know all this stuff...why you feel like you do, and I feel like I do? Is it a lack of information? Wrong information? Bad use or understanding of good information? What? Damned if I know. But...then again, there you are...and you feel like you do and I feel like I do. So maybe...just maybe...Watching videos, and reading how to do this stuff doesn't in fact, help anyone. You have to actually touch hands to learn. :-\
6. Full seminars? , but I just keep making friends around the world who want to do the work with me. For them, I openly share, my life, my meager skills and my information that apparently helps. Maybe that's why so many get filled up early. 8-)

Why don't we just leave Chris's thread about Chris? Take a stab at me on MY seminar threads...and leave Chris alone.
Dan
Bodywork

Postby RobP2 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:10 am

Good luck with it Chris!
"If your life seems dull and boring - it is" - Derek & Clive
http://www.systemauk.com/
RobP2
Great Old One

Postby middleway on Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:40 pm

Thanks all for the encouragement. As I say I'm not any sort of master. But hopefully it will be useful to some.

Happy training all. :)
Me

middleway
Wuji

Postby middleway on Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:45 pm

Dan, in years to come I hope we can meet when I have trained this stuff a bit more. Then i should actually have something to talk about over a beer! Haha

Thanks and all the best.
Me

middleway
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:13 pm

Sounds great, Chris. I look forward to any material you share.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:18 pm

+1 look forward to it Chris.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Next

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups