Free Qigong and Taiji class at VUOM, Open House- Sept.6

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Free Qigong and Taiji class at VUOM, Open House- Sept.6

Postby neijia_boxer on Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:59 am

Tai Chi and Qi Gong is practiced by millions of people in the morning throughout the world to help circulate Qi (internal energy) in the morning. As a discipline, diligent practice is required to reap its great benefits. Come join us to refresh your internal energy.
Click Here to Register! (http://vuom.org/home/adm6.html)

Virginia University of Oriental Medicine (VUOM) Student Council would like to invite you to a free Qi Gong(Ba Duan Jin - "8 Piece Brocade") and 40 Yang Style Tai Chi form practice at our school. All current students are welcome and this event is open to the public. Please RSVP by clicking the link above.

Date & Time : 09/06/2014 From 8 AM to 9 AM
9401 Mathy Dr. Fairfax, VA 22031

Open house will be from 11am to 1 pm. please make a reservation.

VUOM Testimonials

Dewar Dai; Talk-Show Host; Art Dealer; Massage Therapist; Summer, 2014; Country of Origin: China

“VUOM has a great team of TCM professionals, Korean, Chinese, Japanese, American… Massage Therapists, Nurses, Accountants, Musicians…All passionate about the ancient natural healing method! I’m not only developing a great career, but starting a healthy, happy new life style! Being a Chinese, I found the root of my culture.”

Beverly Weise; Environmental Education; Student Council President; Fall, 2013;
Country of Origin: U.S.A.

“VUOM is the kind of place where you can make things happen! I came to the school, inspired by the college’s leadership and the school’s core value, helping people. I knew from personal experience that acupuncture is amazing, and wanted to help offer it more widely to the public. I also felt this would be a good time to enter this career field with more insurance companies covering treatment.

I am older than most of the students, not Asian, but have found the students to be warm, welcoming and inclusive. I feel like I fit in. I love the clinic and my mentors and the patients. My classes are small and the instructors bring an international perspective to our studies. The leadership is fantastic– they genuinely care about helping us reach our potential. I also like the person I am becoming – stronger and more self-disciplined. It’s worth it!”

Matthew Stampe; Nonprofit IT Administrator; Martial Artist; Massage Therapist, Spring, 2014;
Country of Origin: U.S.A.

"VUOM gives me the opportunity to follow my dream of mastering acupuncture, a fascinating art form of healing along with herbalism, Oriental massage, diagnostics processes and theories of the Orient combined with Western medical studies. At the school I have professional teachers, staff, and peers to assist in accomplishing this."

Dae Kim; CPA; Fall, 2012;
Country of Origin: South Korea

“The school is advancing and working hard to reach new levels of excellence in spite of our small size. I especially like the focus on technology and the new web-based Populi system. It helps manage our academic program, class assignments, grades, files, important announcements, calendar, and discussions. “

Kiyoshi Yamamoto; IT Professional; Martial Arts Instructor; Fall, 2013;
Country of Origin: Japan
"My long-time dream of becoming an Oriental Medicine Practitioner has gotten closer to a reality ever since I have joined VUOM. I am very impressed with all the changes and improvements the school has made in the last year and is continuously making. The caring atmosphere of VUOM has certainly been very assuring to me and I can only see tremendous possibilities for the further growth of the institution and I am happy to say that I am a part of it. Sure, the program can be very rigorous and challenging but it sure makes the education we are receiving worthwhile. So far, my decision to be a student at VUOM has been a very positive one!"

Dong Lee Kim; Massage Therapist; Fall, 2012;
Country of Origin: South Korea

“I am glad I choose VUOM – it’s affordable and a good value for the money. I like the flexibility of the school – you can progress as fast as you can or as slow as you need. In fact, next year I may be taking the NCCAOM certification exam a year ahead of my graduation with several of my classmates. I especially liked the good Foundations and Oriental Diagnosis classes I’ve taken. My dream is to offer acupuncture as a service on a mission to a poor country.”
Last edited by neijia_boxer on Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
neijia_boxer

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups