TRULY EFFECTIVE SELF DEFENSE! (SAN FRANCISCO)

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

TRULY EFFECTIVE SELF DEFENSE! (SAN FRANCISCO)

Postby eskabo on Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:27 pm

Thanks guys for your feedback. Seminar is over capacity at this point so I am deleting my posting.
Train hard!
Last edited by eskabo on Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
eskabo
Santi

Re: TRULY EFFECTIVE SELF DEFENSE! (SAN FRANCISCO)

Postby Dmitri on Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:58 pm

First post... spam? :-/
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby kenneth fish on Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:20 pm

Last edited by kenneth fish on Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby D_Glenn on Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:55 pm

WHY ALL the CAPITALS?

Because THE most likely kind OF person TO attend THIS sort OF seminar HAS less trouble under-STANDING words if they ARE written in BIG letters!

D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby eskabo on Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:21 am

I apologize if this post was perceived as spam.
Just trying to spread the word about the seminar.
Why the capital letters? Simply because I used add copy developed by the organizers of the seminar. I should have modified it but didn't think it would be construed as offensive. Once again, I apologize if it came across that way.
As far as judging the effective of it, it's definitely effective. The basis of it is military combatives enhanced by athletic attributes, including dynamic balance, pliability/looseness, various types of sensitivity, body unity, and ultimately spontaneous motion.
Similar attributes to what a good boxer possesses and that may be part of the reason why there are a good number of people with boxing experience among its ranks.
eskabo
Santi

Postby GrahamB on Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:28 am

I'm guessing your style is Ameri-do-tae?
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Mr_Wood on Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:44 am

I followed one of those links which brought me to this :o I daren't go any further, 10 seconds of hell was enough for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYPNIid ... r_embedded

The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:41 pm

eskabo wrote:I apologize if this post was perceived as spam. Just trying to spread the word about the seminar.

No problem. Maybe these excerpts from the FAQ might be of some help:

Think of RSF as a bar, a club where members are having a few drinks and discussing topics and joking around.

Imagine you walk into a bar and just start handing out fliers to everyone... This is exactly the kind of response you'd likely get -- at best (depending on who's in the bar at the time :)). If any at all...
Just a thought.

Also,
FAQ03: What is the best way for new members to introduce themselves to the RSF community?
After registering, post some info about your training background and who you have studied with in the Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan section of the forum. Post to the thread here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=84
Last edited by Dmitri on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Fubo on Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:31 pm

Mr_Wood wrote:I followed one of those links which brought me to this :o I daren't go any further, 10 seconds of hell was enough for me.

I don't know if having a couple of bags gently pushed into you could accurately be defined as "hell", so I can only imagine that the 10 seconds of hell was for the people holding the bags.
Fubo
Wuji

Postby Steve Rowe on Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:37 am

Fubo wrote:
Mr_Wood wrote:I followed one of those links which brought me to this :o I daren't go any further, 10 seconds of hell was enough for me.

I don't know if having a couple of bags gently pushed into you could accurately be defined as "hell", so I can only imagine that the 10 seconds of hell was for the people holding the bags.

Or those watching. Looks like Master ken's 'Hurticane' to me.... sterts at 1:40

If you see someone without a smile - give 'em one of yours...
Steve Rowe
Wuji

Postby eskabo on Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:53 pm

Guys,
I have to admit I got a few laughs out of your responses...thanks for the input. (I was a skeptic of this system for almost 10 years until I trained it first-hand, so I can relate to your comments, lol).
Dmitri, I do want to thank you for your perspective on the situation. I agree 100% with you and will follow-up as you suggested. I do appreciate your feedback.
eskabo
Santi

Postby allen2saint on Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:43 pm

Wait! Wait!

I've been dithering with only MILDLY EFFECTIVE SELF DEFENSE! all my life. I mean, now that I think of it, my whole martial arts career has been a deluge of MEDIOCRE SELF DEFENSE! at best! I never once considered if my arts were TRULY EFFECTIVE until this very minute! Where do I sign up???
Last edited by allen2saint on Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
allen2saint
Wuji

Postby Michael Babin on Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:51 pm

Dear allen2saint;
Don't sign up there till you learn about my UlTRA SECRET PROGRAM FOR LEARNING IRON SHIRT. In fact, it's so secret that I can only share details with those who have what it takes!

It takes $29.95!

I can't reveal much about the solitary training until I get the money except that it involves weasels, tying off your pants so that nothing small and furry can escape through the cuffs, a toaster with a frayed electrical connection and a 15 inch vibrator nick-named "The Intruder".

;D
My Website [with a link to my Youtube Channel] https://sites.google.com/view/mbtaiji/home
Michael Babin
Wuji

Postby allen2saint on Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:01 pm

I've really thought about this Michael and I am ready to take the plunge! TOP SECRET IRON SHIRT is for ME!!!
allen2saint
Wuji

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups