Bagua & Xingyi - Arvada, CO

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Bagua & Xingyi - Arvada, CO

Postby fisherman on Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:25 am

Arvada, Colorado - Yizong Bagua/Xingyi classes

Hey RSF folks,
My name is Chris Haynes. I began my studies in Chinese Martial Arts in 1998 in Boulder, CO. I began with Shaolin Kung Fu and by late 2000, early 2001 began learning Bauguazhang from Marcus Brinkman. I learned from Marcus for about two years, and continued my studies privately with Owen Schilling and Bill Metzgar for another two years after that. Owen and Bill opened a public class/school in which I was appointed as class leader/senior student. I've been actively training since 2001 and I teach Bagua and Xingyi privately in Arvada, CO, and am available for private lessons around the Denver area.
I still train with Owen at the Boulder Internal Arts school and assist with classes when needed.

I'd like to get a public meetup group started soon, but for now I'm teaching privately in the West Denver/Arvada area. If you're interested in meeting about private lessons please send me a private message. I know there are a lot of folks in the Denver area that are interested in the internal arts and I've had the opportunity to meet a few of the local RSF folks. If you know someone who has an interest in lessons please let me know.

Thanks!
Chris
fisherman
Great Old One

Re: Bagua & Xingyi - Arvada, CO

Postby shawnsegler on Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:13 pm

Good luck with that, Chris!

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby fisherman on Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:55 pm

Thanks, Shawn!

Lots of good things to work on lately after Matt's visit a couple of weeks ago and some fun extra things to play with after the workshop with Chen ZiQiang this week!
fisherman
Great Old One

Postby chud on Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:41 pm

fisherman wrote:...and some fun extra things to play with after the workshop with Chen ZiQiang this week!

So do y'all do Chen style, or Chen Pan Ling style? Or both? Just curious.

Btw, congrats on your meetup group.
Last edited by chud on Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chud
Great Old One

Postby fisherman on Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:37 pm

We do Chen Pan Ling. Most of my focus has been on the Hebei Xingyi and Gao Style Bagua, but there's some core stuff that I practice from the Chen Pan Ling set. We borrow quite a bit of the fixed push hands stuff from there.
I went to the Chen ZiQiang seminar this week out if sheer curiosity. With all the video up on the web lately I thought it'd be a good opportunity to see him first hand. There were some really cool things that he that have inspired some new ideas for me.
fisherman
Great Old One

Postby fisherman on Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:52 am

I've got a small group that I'm starting a public training session with this Sunday, 1/18/15. We'll be at it from 8am to 10am.
For the first few weeks we're going to be focusing on the basic methods for the hands and body in the Yizong system. Please let me know if you are interested in attending because I have a small space and will need to plan accordingly.

Train well!
Chris
fisherman
Great Old One

Postby fisherman on Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:36 am

Thanks, Tom!
Things are going pretty smooth...

I'm thinking that once the warmer months hit I'll probably do some workshops that focus on some foundation work; hand methods, body methods, etc. I'll post it up when it happens.

Thanks for the support!
Chris
fisherman
Great Old One

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups