US Intercollegiate TJQ Association?

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

US Intercollegiate TJQ Association?

Postby daniel pfister on Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:27 pm

Are there any of these in the US?

If not, would anyone who practices with a University TJQ/IMA Sports club be interested in starting one?

For me, the purpose would be for coordinating regional push hands competitions (with and without Shua Jiao) and not forms competition. I'm in Northern California.
Last edited by daniel pfister on Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daniel pfister
Wuji

Re: US Intercollegiate TJQ Association?

Postby yeniseri on Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:53 am

Not sure if they are as prevalent as before (10 years or so ago) but there used to be a US Wushu college Circuit (West Coast and a few East Coast Schools) where there used to be tournaments but when I last checked them out, it is less so today. It isn't specifically taijiquan but there is representation.

Here is a recent schedule that you may find apropos!
http://collegiatewushu.org/tournament/info.php
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby daniel pfister on Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:39 pm

Thanks! I'm checking them out.

I really think we need a push hands-based organization though. Something that would encourage wrestlers and BJJ people to participate in...
Last edited by daniel pfister on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
daniel pfister
Wuji

Postby neijia_boxer on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:14 pm

Yeniseri beat me to the punch on the USA collegiate Wushu.

matt
neijia_boxer

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups