Luo De Xiu Wed. night Bagua fighting class in Taipei

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Luo De Xiu Wed. night Bagua fighting class in Taipei

Postby pendulum on Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:24 am

Anyone interested in a class that focuses on learning how Bagua is applied in fighting should check out Luo De Xiu's weekly fighting class at Martial Armour/Wu-Ja MMA & Fitness gym in Taipei city (across from Taida University in Gongguan). It's a once a week class that is run separately from his other classes and is amazing. He'll be teaching there until sometime this summer which is when he heads over to the U.S. and Europe for his seminars.

The focus is on applications and fighting. He does some basic warmups and and then goes right into them. All are welcome.

Wednesday nights 7:00 - 8:30
羅斯福路四段170號, 110 台北市中正區
Roosevelt Road, Section 4, #170, Taipei City Zhongzheng District
Gongguan MRT Stop on the Xindian line Exit # 1 (you want to be on the side that is across from Taida University)
When you come out of the MRT turn right and walk straight down about 5 to 7 minutes. There's a Birkenstock shoe store next door.
02-23631188

https://www.facebook.com/MARTIAL.ARMOUR?fref=nf
pendulum
Santi

Re: Luo De Xiu Wed. night Bagua fighting class in Taipei

Postby fisherman on Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:54 am

Very cool!
Is this the class that the videos in his Facebook feed came from?

Thanks,
Chris
fisherman
Great Old One

Postby pendulum on Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:23 am

I finally got to see the videos on the Yizhong facebook page. These are not from his Wednesday night class. Lots of hitting and throwing and people being bounced around. Hopefully there'll be some video footage in the near future.
Last edited by pendulum on Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
pendulum
Santi

Postby tsurugi on Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:22 am

here's a clip of one of the pro MMA fighters Luo Laoshi has been working with winning his debut fight in 1FC. You can even see Luo Laoshi in the cage at around 3.40
http://www.mma-core.com/videos/Nick_Lee_vs_Sung_Ming_Yen_ONE_FC_18/10073108

he mentions his bagua training and thanks Luo in his post fight interview but the translator doesn't translate that bit unfortunately - maybe a Chinese speaker could help out and add that bit?

another clip of some highlights of the fight from a different angle

Last edited by tsurugi on Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
tsurugi
Great Old One

Postby .Q. on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:40 pm

He said thanks to his jiujitsu coach and his stand up fighting coach Luo of Yizong Bagua that he won easily.
.Q.
Wuji

Postby tastydurian on Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:59 pm

I've been attending Laoshi's seminars for many years and have visited the CKS class in the past. I am going to be in Taipei the first two weeks of February, would I be able to drop in on the class?
tastydurian
Anjing

Postby pendulum on Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:49 am

You could drop in but would have to probably pay for a block of classes unless the owner says otherwise. It's $3200 for 8 classes for non-members. Next time I see him I'll ask. Also, the classes don't have to be attended consecutively so if you pay for a block and only use 2 then next time you visit you (if it's within a certain period of time) then you can continue to take classes until you have to buy a new block. I'll get back to you with more details.
pendulum
Santi

Postby ou_jiajun on Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:27 am

Sounds like a great class! Is previous Baguazhang experience necessary? Would you recommend I attend Luo laoshi's other Bagua classes to get a grounding in the style and jibengong first?
ou_jiajun
Santi

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups