Liang lineage Baguazhang Meetup in San Diego, CA?

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Liang lineage Baguazhang Meetup in San Diego, CA?

Postby bagua.ryan on Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:30 pm

Hi All,

I've just returned to the US after some time in Australia, where I studied Liang lineage Baguazhang with Geoff Sweeting (Dong Haichuan -> Liang Zhenpu -> Li Ziming -> Wang Tong -> Geoff - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liang_Style_Baguazhang) for about 2.5 years. I'm looking for anyone in the area who might be interested in meeting up to practice, or, for that matter, just to play around. I'm also happy to teach what little I've learned, with the caveat that it would be the equivalent of the "mostly blind leading the blind". I'm going to try to bring Geoff across the middle of this year if anyone is interested in some time with him.

Thanks - Ryan
bagua.ryan
Santi

Re: Liang lineage Baguazhang Meetup in San Diego, CA?

Postby edededed on Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:44 pm

Cool, too bad I live so far away (Japan)! ;D Should be fun for any bagua fans out there, I don't think there is much Liang style otherwise in San Diego...
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Tatanka on Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:27 pm

Anybody wants a dummy to practice on, I'm here for ya.
Last edited by Tatanka on Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Óðinn á yðr alla!
Tatanka
Santi

Postby depth123 on Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:55 am

Hi, i just recently came back from Korea, and now staying in north county of san diego. I practice the Practical Method Chen Style Taijiquan from GM hong junsheng. My lineage goes from hong junsheng - fan dechen - jeong won-il - kim keon-ho (danny). im danny. id be down to practice and meet to exchange ideas.
depth123
Santi

Postby tastydurian on Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:51 pm

I'm in Chula Vista visiting family from time to time and would love to meet up with some folks. Will send a PM.
tastydurian
Anjing

Postby bagua.ryan on Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:16 pm

Hey All - for whatever reason I wasn't getting any of the email notifications that this thread was active. I'm delighted to see that there a few people around who might be willing to meet-up. Once I get my work schedule sorted out I'm going to be practicing at least one morning a week at one of the public parks in the UTC - Carmel Valley corridor. I'll post again once I've got it locked down - but in the mean time feel free to reach out.

Happy New Year!
bagua.ryan
Santi

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups