Matt Autrey - Boulder, CO April 18th & 19th

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Matt Autrey - Boulder, CO April 18th & 19th

Postby fisherman on Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:13 pm

Boulder, CO. April 18th & 19th 2015

Matt Autrey is a senior student of Internal Kung Fu teacher Luo De Xiu. Matt has moved back to the United States after 8 years of training Bagua Zhang, Xingyi Quan, Tai Ji Quan in Taipei, Taiwan including 5 years with Marcus Brinkman as a private student. Matt spent many years teaching and assisting in Teacher Luo’s class in Taiwan, his extensive knowledge and command of the principles, theory and applications of the internal martial arts is an asset to any practitioner.

Saturday, April 18th - 1st Session 1:00pm – 4:00pm Gao Bagua Xian Tian – Snake Palm - Theory and Application
This will be an excellent introduction to the basics of Bagua and the first palm; the snake palm.Learn the fundamental training practices, footwork, and applications of Gao Bagua Snake Palm.This seminar is open to public and beginners are welcome.

Saturday, April 18th – 2nd Session 4:30pm – 7:30pmXing Yi Quan – Combining the Fists – Skills and Drills
Matt will be teaching sets and drills to help the practitioner combine multiple Xingyi Quan fists.This session will cover the methodology, training drills and application strategies used in linking and combining the fists. This seminar is open to public, beginners and advanced practitioners are welcome.

Sunday, April 19th - 1st Session 1:00pm – 4:00pmGao Bagua Zhang – Hou Tian – Straight Line Bagua – Line 1 (1.1 – 1.4)
In this seminar Matt will teach line 1 Hou Tian Bagua, the famous Straight Line Bagua of the Gaosystem. Matt will cover Bagua form, theory, application and training practices for the 1st line withan emphasis on its relationship to the Snake Palm. This seminar is a great addition to any BaguaZhang style. It is recommended that the Snake Palm Seminar is taken before this class.

Sunday, April 19th - 2nd Session 4:00pm – 7:00pmTaiji Quan – the Four Essential Actions – Pushing Hands
Building on the basics of Taiji’s Four Essential Actions set, its form, theory and training concepts, this two person push hands class will build the correct reflexes, timing and distance required for the usage of Taiji Quan. This seminar is open to public and beginners are welcome.

Cost:
1 $180 for all Four Sessions.
2 Individually, Each Session is $50.
3 Saturday & Sunday $100 each day or $180 for both Days.
4 Preferred payment is cash (please contact if paying by check)
5 Same day registration (call for availability) $190 cash only

FOR PRICING INFO AND LOCATION EMAIL:
Owen Schilling at mail to:[email protected]
Or Check http://boulderinternalmartialarts.blogspot.com/ Call 1 720 841 3526

Matt will be offering private lessons while he is in town. I highly recommend them; his knowledge and skill applied at the individual level is a fantastic catalyst for growth. Contact Owen or Matt at [email protected] or talk to him at the seminar.

For more info on Matt check his blog: yizongwest.blogspot.com
fisherman
Great Old One

Re: Matt Autrey - Boulder, CO April 18th & 19th

Postby shawnsegler on Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:38 pm

Matt is the real deal.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby fisherman on Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:54 am

I'm excited that Matt is coming again. The past few visits he's made have sparked good progress in my training.
Huge thanks to my teacher, Owen Schilling for hosting and for being so generous with sharing these amazing arts with me for the last 15 years!!
fisherman
Great Old One

Postby fisherman on Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:58 am

Just about a week away!
fisherman
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:51 am

I'll want vid and review. Have a great weekend you guys. Matt really has the goods.

Best,

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:21 pm

Was it awesome?
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby fisherman on Sat May 02, 2015 4:20 pm

It's been a couple weeks since the workshops and still digesting a bit of what we worked on.
In short the workshops that Matt taught were great for everyone that came. One of the things that I really like about Matt is that he has a way of sewing all of the individual workshops that we're worked on over the course of the weekend together. You can easily see each skill that we've worked on and how that skill can work in tandem with the other skills.
Saturday we started with working on the individual form for the snake palm change and then worked the snake throw. I love the snake throw, that shit is my favorite! We worked on some different set ups then worked on escapes, counters and explored using successive counters to lead into throws.
We then worked on linking the 5 fists. Matt touched on how to practice the linking forms to get better fluidity in your movement, but for me the highlight were the drills for changing from one fist to the next. This dovetails nicely with the Yizong roushou work.
Sunday was a great dive into the 1st line of the Houtians. We worked on varying entries and applications for each of these 8 houtians and most you could take the person into a snake throw. After the houtian workshop we worked mainly on applying the grasp the sparrows tail part of the Chen Pan Ling taiji form. By the end of this work shop we were doing some rolling hands and playing with using just about everything we'd worked on over the course of the weekend.
I had a great time!
I want to thank my teacher, Owen Schilling, for bringing Matt out again. I also would like to thank everyone that came. We are privileged to have a very solid group of people to work with!
fisherman
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Mon May 04, 2015 9:01 am

Sounds great.

I feel pretty lucky to get access to him 3 times a week. It's been a pretty sweet learning experience.

Best,

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby fisherman on Tue May 05, 2015 4:07 pm

I bet!
fisherman
Great Old One