Taoist Martial Arts Seminar in San Francisco

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Taoist Martial Arts Seminar in San Francisco

Postby AlexFranceSr on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:12 pm

“When the student is ready, a teacher appears.” Are YOU ready? Get ready for some serious training with Master Huang Hao Fu, a martial arts champion from mainland China and a Daoist/Taoist adept! He will be conducting an introductory seminar into Daoist martial arts. If you’re interested in learning TRUE combat, if you’re interested in improving your physical health, mind, and spirit, this seminar could be a defining moment in your path of discovery.

Part 1: Taoist Internal Energy Cultivation exercises for health and longevity will be taught to participants. For those of you who lack energy, are out of condition, or have health problems, this could very well be the most important part of the seminar.

Part 2: Old World Kung Fu. Master Huang Hao Fu will teach the Chinese combative arts of old, before such practice was banned by the government, forcing the art to go underground some 400 years ago. He will show and explain the differences between the Kung Fu of that age and the Kung Fu of modern times. Master Huang Hao Fu is the 3rd generation disciple of Master He Fa-Ke, the great master of combat Chen Tai Chi. He is the "inside student” of Master Chen Jiao-Hui, the son of Chen Fa-Ke. Master Huang has dedicated his life to learning and applying internal martial arts, chi development, and traditional Chinese Taoist healing methods. Like the masters of old, he roamed his country (China) interacting with and accepting challenges from other masters in order to find and arrive at the “truth in H2H combat”.

When: June 14, 2015 Sunday 3 – 4 PM (PLEASE NOTE DATE CORRECTION)
Where: Hwa Rang Kwan Martial Arts Center, 90 Welsh Street, SF, CA 94107
Admission: $50 cash only at the door. For more information, please contace
Alex France Sr. Cell Phone: 1-415-623-6077 Email Address: [email protected]
Last edited by AlexFranceSr on Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexFranceSr
Santi

Re: Taoist Martial Arts Seminar in San Francisco

Postby D_Glenn on Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:36 am

How many sons did Chen Fa-Ke have?
I don't think I'd heard of another, Chen Jiao-Hui you say?

One part moves, every part moves; One part stops, every part stops.

YSB Internal Chinese Martial Arts Youtube
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby AlexFranceSr on Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:15 am

Hello, D_Glenn. I forwarded your question to Master Huang. We can probably find out the answer ourselves but I think it would be more interesting and perhaps more factual to find out from someone who was a direct student of one of the sons. I'll get back with his answer as soon as I get it from him.
AlexFranceSr
Santi

Postby GrahamB on Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:25 am

That's awesome - I checked off Taoist, spirit, path, true combat and adept from my Taoist Bingo card from your first paragraph alone!
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby AlexFranceSr on Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:09 am

Greetings, Great Old One. I'm back in the SF Bay Area for a few months (been abroad) and just today, checked back on this forum. "Taoist Bingo card" --lol. Yes, I'd have to agree with you. That was some write-up, taken in large part by some earlier post on this forum. Anyway, I had not settled down yet when I got a call from Master Huang --he, too, just arrived back (but from China) Turns out he had not been teaching here in the U.S. much; just treating patients. Now, he's decided to start teaching publicly again. Here's the details. I'll just keep it "short & sweet". :-) And thanks again for providing this forum.

Every Sunday, beginning 11 AM until whenever,, at Kennedy Park, Hayward, California (This would be in the East Bay of the Greater San Francsco Bay Area)
Master Huang Hao Fu will be holding classes in internal energy cultivation and the old "Solders' Kung Fu".
Anyone on this forum who happens to be in the area is invited to drop by and say hello. You'll be welcome to watch or participate.
AlexFranceSr
Santi

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups