Brisbane, Australia - Chen Taiji, JRQ Bagua, Hebei Xingyi

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Brisbane, Australia - Chen Taiji, JRQ Bagua, Hebei Xingyi

Postby Ozguorui on Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:41 am

Will be back in Brisbane after 5 years in Shanghai in late Jan. Anyone interested in training or who does train in Chen Taiji (Hong), JRQ Bagua or Hebei Xingyi please let me know. I am not a teacher, would be great to meet & occasionally train. My teacher from China will visit in July (he is a tudi of Sha Junjie). Some half or full day training can be arranged if there is any interest. I also have a miscellaneous collection of things if anyone is interested - some Tongbei, Pigua, KunWu Jian, Miao Dao...
Ozguorui
Mingjing

Re: Brisbane, Australia - Chen Taiji, JRQ Bagua, Hebei Xingyi

Postby I-mon on Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:23 pm

Welcome back mate. I'm a bit further down the east coast, but if I'm ever up that way - maybe a bit later in the year - I'll check in and say hi for sure.

Who were you training with in Shanghai?

Cheers,

SImon
I-mon
Great Old One

Re: Brisbane, Australia - Chen Taiji, JRQ Bagua, Hebei Xingyi

Postby Ozguorui on Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:38 pm

Thanks, that makes 2 replies, maybe 2 more than I thought!

I was training with Guo Huo Po, Guo Laoshi is a disciple of Sha Junjie, learnt Chen (Hong) Taiji from Li Enjiu as a boy, and his uncles and fathers are very serious Tongbei, Pigua, Baji and Yanqingquan practitioners. He has a Masters degree from the Shanghai Sports University and that was where he met Sha Junjie. They had a lot of famous masters come and teach them or demo etc, and he thought Sha Laoshi was the best one.

You can see Guo Laoshi's Taiji here (this is like a marketing vid he did for classes):

You can see his Baji here (something one of his students put up quite a few years ago)

Greg
Ozguorui
Mingjing

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups