UK Chinese Swordfighting Seminar: Scott Rodell May 2016

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

UK Chinese Swordfighting Seminar: Scott Rodell May 2016

Postby Pandrews1982 on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:18 am

UK Historical Chinese Swordfighting Seminar with Scott Rodell, hosted by Xing Yi Academy

Friday 6th to Sunday 8th May 2016

Paul Andrews of Xing Yi Academy is hosting Scott Rodell, renown expert on Chinese Swordfighting and author of numerous books on tai chi, chinese sword methods and historical test cutting.

A whole weekend of Chinese sword methods from the Chinese internal arts. Translating form into real function this seminar will focus on real applicable methods to practical full contact swordfighting. We'll be training in a friendly and safe environment but with realistic intent.

For anyone wanting to further their understanding of Chinese sword, practitioners of Asian martial arts, sword enthusiasts, HEMA and historical swordfighting practioners of all abilities.

We're hoping to use this seminar to kick off regular workshops/classes and competitions in the UK.

Check out this link for more information and to book your place. Be sure to tell your friends.

http://mb.xingyiacademy.com/scott-rodell/

Check out a little video of Scott in action here

And Paul's Xing Yi sword here
Pandrews1982
Great Old One

Re: UK Chinese Swordfighting Seminar: Scott Rodell May 2016

Postby GrahamB on Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:32 am

Good luck with it Paul - good to see things taking off.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Pandrews1982 on Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:56 am

Thanks Graham, things are moving along slowly.

This seminar with Scott will hopefully be a good start to more adventures and bigger things. Hoping to organise more UK based Chinese Sword events, competitions etc. in the future this is just the start.

I've had a few places booked and paid for so far, and more people express interest but there are still places available right now for anyone interested.

If you're in Europe remember Leeds has an excellent international airport with budget airlines flying to many European cities, well worth a hop over on the plane for what promises to be a great seminar.

P
Pandrews1982
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:59 am

When do you plan next time ?
In this May cant`t do it. :(
btw, I cannot take my sword to the plane, I recall, that carry the weapon in England is prohibited too...
hopin` that you have pile of swords in the Academy :)
and
how much is the seminar cost?
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Pandrews1982 on Fri May 13, 2016 2:59 am

Wiesiek,

Sorry just seen your post, I don't check the forum that much these days.

next UK seminar will be Friday 9th to Sunday 11th September.

This May seminar was fully booked and we had a great time and learnt a lot! We'll be doing more and more going forwards. This seminar was £150 (€190) for the weekend. The next seminar may be a little more expensive as Scott's airfare may cost a bit more.

Scott also travels around Europe, and whilst I'd really like for you to come to the UK and pay me money and be part of our group, I'm a nice guy and think I should point out that he often does seminars in Wroclaw Poland, Tallinn Estonia, Germany and the Netherlands which may be cheaper for you.

I think as you're in Poland right (Krakov?) then you'd find it cheaper to travel to Wroclaw and train with the guys there. The contact in Poland is a great guy, Krzysztof Tyc [email protected] and the facebook group for their Poland group is here https://www.facebook.com/grtcpl

His 2016 seminar sechedule is on his website - https://www.grtc.org/seminars
Pandrews1982
Great Old One

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups