Oakland - Sacramento Area Anyone?

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Oakland - Sacramento Area Anyone?

Postby greytowhite on Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:18 pm

Hey guys I'm going to be in Northern California between Mar. 16 - 30 and was wondering if anyone wanted to meet up? I'll be going back and forth between Oakland, Sacramento, and Stockton but can travel to other parts nearby not just the East Bay. I think my sifu's gong fu brother lives up there and hope to meet up with him while I'm there as well as some other cats in the Sacramento area.
Practice Makes Progress
greytowhite
Wuji

Re: Oakland - Sacramento Area Anyone?

Postby Taste of Death on Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:51 pm

In Sacramento we have yiquan classes on Mon/Tues 7:00-9:00 p.m. and sometimes Wed/Thu at my teacher's house. Sunday mornings 9:00 a.m. we do push hands and yiquan in Land Park next to the rugby pitch between Fairytale Town and Funderland. You are welcome to join us.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby PshanATL on Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:13 pm

There is a lot of good martial arts in that area. I recommend Bernie Langan in Oakland for internal martial arts and healing. He is also excellent at escrima and silat. I'm not sure of his class schedule or drop in fees so you would have to reach out to him but I'm sure its worth it.
The Best Secrets Keep Themselves
[url]uprankagency.com[/url]
PshanATL
Santi

Postby greytowhite on Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:56 pm

I'm not really looking to train, maybe some push hands, -toast- -joint- compare notes, or whatever. My current instructor has me working on anjing stuff so I'm not looking for anything outside of Kenny Gong's system at the moment.
Practice Makes Progress
greytowhite
Wuji

Postby Taste of Death on Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:07 pm

greytowhite wrote:I'm not really looking to train, maybe some push hands, -toast- -joint- compare notes, or whatever. My current instructor has me working on anjing stuff so I'm not looking for anything outside of Kenny Gong's system at the moment.

Anyone who smokes pot with the homeless is welcome at our push hands practice. -whip- -nunchaku-
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby greytowhite on Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:42 pm

Taste of Death wrote:Anyone who smokes pot with the homeless is welcome at our push hands practice. -whip- -nunchaku-

Haha, yeah, kinda payin' it forward. I was homeless in Sacramento for a few months five years ago. I'd make a pedestrian pilgrimage from the shite motels in West Sacramento to downtown across the I Street bridge, hobo the light rail out to Arden-Arcade, and then sometimes out to Orangevale where an elderly lady let me crash in her living room floor sometimes. It probably taught me more about life than anything else had previously. It's amazing how resourceful these people are and just how wonderful many of the business owners in down/midtown can be when someone is hungry.
Practice Makes Progress
greytowhite
Wuji

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups