Retreat in Denmark in July with Torben Bremann

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Retreat in Denmark in July with Torben Bremann

Postby xian89 on Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:07 am

My teacher Torben Bremann will be doing a summer camp intensive, and is interested in getting foreign students to participate. He is currently a student of Sam Tam and has been so for over 10 years. If interested, you can read more about his background and contact him through http://www.internalmartialart.dk/en/
:)
---
https://billetto.dk/da/summercamp-2016 wrote:For the first time, I will do a 'summer camp'. I have had good intentions for many years to do so, and a lot of students have asked me to do it over the years - and now it's finally a reality!
I will do it in my home and my garden without accommodation , but will be happy to refer to budget accommodation close to.
The summer camp is in it's full program an intensive nine-day course, with teaching taking place from 9 to 5 every day.
I have conferred a little with some of my close students about what they wanted me to teach, as there are plenty on the plate. I have tried to meet some of their wishes.

Besides signing up for all 9 days, it will be possible to register for one weekend only, both weekends, one day or three days.
There will only be room for a limited number of participants, since I want to do the course and teaching so intense and individual as possible. Therefore, early registration is a good idea.
Besides teaching, there will be offered coffee, fruit and water.

Weekend 1:
The first weekend the focus will be on Chen Style and release of internal force (fajing).
The Chen Style's second routine will be taught from the beginning, which means everyone can participate. You will be taught the original set that has been taught and passed down from Chen Fake to Chen Zhaokui (and Feng Zhigiang), to He Gong De (who was my teacher and mentor 1994-1999) and to me.
He Gong De and Chen Zhaokui was close friends for more than 20 years, and besides learning from Chen Zhaokui, He Gong De also learnt from Feng Zhigiang, which I also have had the honor to do.
He Gong De lived for many years next door to Chen Weiming (Yang Style) and learned Yang Style push hands from him, and was for a period Chen Weiming's training partner in push hands.
Besides the Form, you will in this weekend be taught basic silkreeling exercises from the Chen style, Chen Style Push Hands, pole exercises (long stick) from the Chen style - and a couple of the standing meditation which relates to Chen Style
I rarely teach these things publicly anymore, so it is indeed a "collector's items" weekend.

09:00 to 10:00: Qi Gong and standing (from Chen Style)
10:00 to 12:00: The Chen Style's Er Lu (Pau Chui)
12:00 to 01.:00: Lunch break
01:00 to 02:30: Er Lu (Pau Chui)
02:30-03:00: Coffee Break
03:00. - 04:00: Er Lu (Pau Chui)
04.00 - 05.00: Chen style's push hands and silk reeling exercises and pole exercises

Week program Monday - Friday

09:00 to 10:00: Qi Gong and standing
10:00 to 12:00: Form. Master Sam Tam's Tai chi Form + partner exercises
12:00 to 01:00: Lunch break
1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.: Sword Form (Sam Tam's)
02.00.- 02.30: Practicing individually what each needs with supervision from me
02.30. - 03.00: Coffee Break
03.00. - 05.00: Push Hands / partner work on the basis of Sam Tam's system and the involvement of elements from the system of master Huang.

Weekend 2:
This weekend, besides teaching Sam Tam's standing and mocabu (step), I will introduce master Huang Xingxian's own Tai Chi form, which he developed based on his personal understanding of Tai Chi.
He incorporated elements from the Short Form, the traditionel long form of the Yang Style, Chen style and White Crane.
The Form in it self is more circular than the classic Short Form, it contains more of the movements from the long Yang style which is omitted in the Short form, and the release of fajing takes place while sinking and expanding simultaneously, where in the Short form it takes place from the ground and up.
The Form is also designed in such a way that it can be trained in a very small area.
Besides the Form we will work with partner and push hands exercises.

09:00 to 10:00: Standing meditation and mocabu
10:00 to 12:00: Master Huang Form
12:00 to 01.00: Lunch break
01.00.- 02.30 Master Huang Form
02.30.- 03.00: Coffee Break
03.00.- 04.00. Master Huang Form and push hands
04.00. - 05.00. Push Hands / partner exercises

Price:
As I want to make it more accessible for foreign students the Price is a bit lower than for the Danish students.
All nine days: 550 Euro (3500,- dk.)
One weekend: 150 Euro ( 1000,- dk-)
Both weekends: 250 Euro ( 1600,- dk.)
Per. Today: 90 Euro ( 650,- dk.)
3 days: 200 Euro ( 1600,- dk.)
https://indrestyrkeblog.wordpress.com/ - my blog where I try to collect useful articles and commentaries on internal training
xian89
Santi

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups