Seminar on Zhan Zhuang, East Midland, UK, 28th January 2017

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Seminar on Zhan Zhuang, East Midland, UK, 28th January 2017

Postby Yeung on Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:57 pm

Seminar on Zhan Zhuang relevant to Meridians

28th January 2017

Quiet Room 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Trinity Methodist Church Centre
Royland Road, Loughborough LE11 2EH

Contents

Hun Yuan, which is not divided, chaos in unity, the strength of the beginning.

Basic Hunyuan Zhuang techniques:
1. Stretching to eight sizes
2. Motion within quietness
3. Seeking balance within imbalance
4. Breathing I

Variations of the Hunyuan Zhuang:
1. Arm movements
2. Torso movements
3. Passive and active stance
4. Breathing II

Tests for Zhen Zhuang:
1. Transfer of force
2. Springiness
3. Strength
4. Flowing

Generating impacts on Lung, liver, kidney, heart, and pericardium Meridians with reference to the Five Element Fist Forms

Historical development of the Pulling Book” and “Meridian Book” and “Mawangdui Exercise” dated back from 200 BC and older
Yeung
Wuji

Re: Seminar on Zhan Zhuang, East Midland, UK, 28th January 2017

Postby AnotherMonkey on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:16 pm

What lineage?
AnotherMonkey
Santi

Postby Yeung on Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:21 pm

AnotherMonkey wrote:What lineage?

Lai Shen-hong 赖燊宏 (1939-2013), he was lecturer of Anatomy at Guangzhou College of Medicine, and student and son in-law of Fu Yonghui 傅永辉who was the son of Fu Zhensong 傅振嵩. He also studied extensively in Zhan Zhuang and Qigong in additional to Internal Martial Arts.
Yeung
Wuji

Postby Yeung on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:33 am

Shi Jingwang师景旺(1946—2005)He was the successor of the Taihangyiquan 太行意拳, Director of Martial Arts at the Shenzhen University, vice chairman of the Shenzhen Wushu Association, coach of Shenzhen University Wushu team. He was from Changzhi City, Shanxi Province, the outskirts of the horse factory town Ze head village.
Yeung
Wuji

Postby Yeung on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:07 am

Niu Sheng-xian 牛胜先(1938- )a student of Li Tian-ji 李天骥 and a Taoist Qigong Master by family linage, he was the coach of the Beijing Tai Ji Push hand before it was no long a national competitive sport.
Yeung
Wuji

Postby Yeung on Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:19 am

Ye Xisheng叶希圣 (1930-2005), He was a founding member of the Hong Kong Yiquan Association in 1987 and vice chairman for a number of years, He became a committee member and instructor of the Hong Kong Chinwoo Athletic Association in 1991.He had a background in Southern and Northern Chinese Martial Arts, and he learnt Yiquan from Han Xingyuan韩星垣 (1915-1983) since the early 1960s.
Yeung
Wuji

Postby nicklinjm on Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:07 pm

Hi Yeung, could you go into a bit more what you studied from Yip Hei-sing (Ye Xisheng)? Is it very different from what the Yao family teaches?
nicklinjm
Wuji

Postby Yeung on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:28 am

nicklinjm wrote:Hi Yeung, could you go into a bit more what you studied from Yip Hei-sing (Ye Xisheng)? Is it very different from what the Yao family teaches?

My association with Yip Hei-sing was that we were fellow committee members and instructors at the Hong Kong Chinwoo Athletic Association for more then 10 years. My impression is that he followed the ways of his teacher Han Xingyuan very closely, and I know quite a number of Han Xiangyuan's students as well. We had opportunities to exchange our views on issuing force, neutralize force, Xingyiquan, push hands, and testing force. I do not notice any difference between Han Xingyuan and Yao Zongxun but the ways the Yao twin brothers are applying Yiquan to other sport are a different matter.
Yeung
Wuji

Postby Taste of Death on Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:35 am

Yeung wrote:
nicklinjm wrote:Hi Yeung, could you go into a bit more what you studied from Yip Hei-sing (Ye Xisheng)? Is it very different from what the Yao family teaches?

My association with Yip Hei-sing was that we were fellow committee members and instructors at the Hong Kong Chinwoo Athletic Association for more then 10 years. My impression is that he followed the ways of his teacher Han Xingyuan very closely, and I know quite a number of Han Xiangyuan's students as well. We had opportunities to exchange our views on issuing force, neutralize force, Xingyiquan, push hands, and testing force. I do not notice any difference between Han Xingyuan and Yao Zongxun but the ways the Yao twin brothers are applying Yiquan to other sport are a different matter.

The Yao brothers lost faith in tcma and tried to incorporate western boxing. Yiquan takes 1-2 and makes it 1. The Yaos took 1-2 and made it 1-2-3. No! Even John Wang undestands this.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby Yeung on Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:27 am

Yiquan is like other Internal Martial Arts seek to achieve the following oneness:

On strike to kill: exceptional striking power
One encounter to relief: Springiness or to absorb incoming force
One touch to retaliate: Instant retaliation with the combination of springiness and strength

There is a difference between Hong Kong and China, as the practitioners in China fail to develop during the period 1949 to 1984 due to political reasons. Some children of welcome know internal martial artists were suppressed or assigned to external training. So, a careful study of the backgrounds of various teachers is needed. Some are promoted by the Government also needed some careful consideration. Lineages and associations are useless if one can not achieve what has said to do, in this case is just the three oneness to control the opponent as suggested by Master Yip in his writing (in Chinese):

http://cstang.www3.50megs.com/chinese/y ... icle_G.htm
Yeung
Wuji

Postby Yeung on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:00 pm

Sorry, it should be well known internal martial artists.

Pao Chui or Cannon Fist is the earthly element of fire which included both the heart and pericardium meridians.
Yeung
Wuji

Postby suckinlhbf on Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:59 am

Lineages and associations are useless if one can not achieve what has said to do

+ 1. In most of the cases, saying my teacher, and my teacher's teacher, ... can do these = I can't.
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Postby Yeung on Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:12 am

If one can do what is said to do then lineages and associations are meaningful. Actually it is embarrassing to mention my associates in Zhan Zhuang, as I learnt mostly from their mistakes.
Yeung
Wuji

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups