5th EUROPEAN PANGRATION ATHLIMA CHAMPIONSHIP October 2017

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

5th EUROPEAN PANGRATION ATHLIMA CHAMPIONSHIP October 2017

Postby Yeung on Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:36 am

The 5th EUROPEAN PANGRATION ATHLIMA CHAMPIONSHIP will take place in the Municipality of Evrotas in Lakonia, will last three (3) days Friday 6/10, Saturday 7/10 and Sunday 8/10/2017, the arrival of the delegations should take place on 5 October 2017 (airport ELEFTHERIOS VENIZELOS, Athens) and departure on 9 October 2017.

The following Pangration's disciplines will be held in the championship:

1. AGON IMIEPAFIS, 2. PALAISMATA, 3. POLYDAMAS, 4. KATO PANGRATION, 5. AGON PANGRATIOU, 6. PLERIS AGON
Yeung
Wuji

Re: 5th EUROPEAN PANGRATION ATHLIMA CHAMPIONSHIP October 2017

Postby Trick on Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:59 pm

Not that I'm up to participate, but what is 'Pangration Athlima' ?
Trick

BCRe: 5th EUROPEAN PANGRATION ATHLIMA CHAMPIONSHIP October 2

Postby Yeung on Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:05 pm

Trick wrote:Not that I'm up to participate, but what is 'Pangration Athlima' ?

http://www.worldpangration.net/

One can call it amateur MMA sport open to everyone with rules acceptable to the Olympic Game. It is a revival of the ancient Olympic sport of empty hand fighting back in 648 BC in spirit.
Yeung
Wuji

Re: 5th EUROPEAN PANGRATION ATHLIMA CHAMPIONSHIP October 2017

Postby Trick on Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:11 am

When I recently was back to Sweden I meet with an old friend of mine who used to be a ranked heavyweight boxer. Among the things we talked was the martial arts represented in the Olympics, and that MMA might be introduced in a near future and eventually be the replacement of boxing,wrestling/judo and taekwondo. Just speculations, but it might happen. Thanks for the info, hope the games will be a success
Trick

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups