Yin Style Baguazhang with He Jinbao--US tour Autumn 2017

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Yin Style Baguazhang with He Jinbao--US tour Autumn 2017

Postby Tom on Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:49 pm

The specific detailed syllabus for each workshop can be found at this link:

http://yinstylebaguazhang.com/workshops.html#Sanfran

San Francisco September 23 - 26, 2017

Focusing on the strength development, strike and takedown combination training, and fighting application of the Dragon system.

For more information or to register, contact:

 Geoff at 650-996-4645
[email protected]

Boulder September 29 - October 1, 2017

Focusing on strength development, strike and takedown combinations, and fighting application of the Dragon system.

 Craig at 505-750-2459
[email protected]

Boston October 7 - 10, 2017

Focusing on the strength and agility development, strike combination training, and fighting application of the Rooster system.

 Michael at 978-973-6649
[email protected]

Florida October 14 - 17, 2017

Focusing on the strength and agility development, strike and takedown combinations, and fighting application of the Phoenix system.

 Don at 727-481-2132
[email protected]

Ann Arbor October 20 - 25, 2017

Focusing on the strength development, strike and takedown combinations, standing submissions, and fighting application of the Bear and Snake systems.

 Scott at 734-846-0661
[email protected]
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

---Vernon Law
Tom
Administrator

Re: Yin Style Baguazhang with He Jinbao--US tour Autumn 2017

Postby Tom on Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:21 pm

I finally had the opportunity to train with He Jinbao. The man is an affable beast. In many years and hundreds of sought-out encounters, I've rarely met anyone with He's level of skill, internal connection and real power under refined control. He is driven by a strong desire for students to really understand and embody what he shows them, and ably assisted by the clear interpretation and helpful context provided by Matt Bild--himself a very skilled exponent of this style of baguazhang and with a keen combative sensibility as well.

I cut into an already-scheduled trip and itinerary to make part (a day and a half) of the four-day seminar in Ann Arbor, MI. HJB was teaching elements of the Snake system from the Yin Fu-Men Baozhen-Xie Peiqi line of baguazhang, teaching specific shenfa, technique and strategy, and showing points of connection and overlap with other animal systems from his school. HJB and Matt had prepared a detailed, well-translated curriculum for the seminar, which was fairly closely adhered to--in other words, you got what they told you they would deliver, not always easy to do in a seminar format.

I embody the physical coordination and combative skill of a heavyweight pear, on top of chronic pain from serious spinal injuries which tends to distract from my ability to concentrate, but the open and supportive group of long-time students of HJB provided a good learning environment for the flood of demonstration, information and practice. The training atmosphere was serious but collegial. Whether you train baguazhang or another art, He Jinbao and Matt Bild and the people in the various study groups around the US are worth checking out if you have the time and wherewithal for a seminar.
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

---Vernon Law
Tom
Administrator

Re: Yin Style Baguazhang with He Jinbao--US tour Autumn 2017

Postby driftwood on Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:59 am

I was at this seminar for the last two days covering the Snake system as well. Phenomenal. Nice to meet you Tom, and I second everything you said. Never lose the chance to meet and touch top level practitioners. I had a teacher that frequently said that you need to taste many kinds of wine to develop a sophisticated palate. Go and taste this wine. You will be glad you did.
driftwood
Santi

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups