Beijing Shuai Jiao Seminar in Portland, OR - Jun 30/July 1

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Beijing Shuai Jiao Seminar in Portland, OR - Jun 30/July 1

Postby shawnsegler on Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:28 am

HOSTED BY PORTLAND BAGUA: https://portlandbagua.com/

Saturday June 30th 10-1230 & 2-430 and Sunday July 1st 10-1230.

$35 for 1 session, $60 for 2 sessions, and $80 for the whole weekend.

Seminars will be held in NE Portland.

About Sonny

Sonny Mannon has studied Chinese Martial Arts for many years and from 2007-2015 lived in Beijing, China where he studied Shuai Jiao, Liang style Bagua and Da Bei Quan. He is the only foreigner to have continuously studied Shuai Jiao in China for that length of time. Sonny has competed in Shuai Jiao tournaments both in China and internationally. Because of Sonny’s ability to speak and read Chinese, he was able to research Shuai Jiao through interviews with famous teachers, through training sessions with different schools, and from the few published texts in Chinese on Shuai Jiao to a degree rarely seen outside of China. Sonny has taught seminars worldwide and currently resides in Visalia, CA where he runs his school Sequoia Kung Fu & Yoga where he teaches Beijing style Shuai Jiao, Liang and Cheng style Bagua, Chen and Yang style Tai Ji, Da Bei Quan, and Praying Mantis Kung Fu.

Sonny is available for private lessons in Liang style Baguazhang and Shuai Jiao.

Shuai Jiao and Guang Wu Shuai Jiao

Shuai Jiao is the oldest style of martial arts from China and is an unparalleled system of techniques and physical development. True Beijing Shuai Jiao is extremely rare outside of China. A mix of both internal and external principles, Beijing Shuai Jiao captures the essence of Chinese martial Arts. Whether you are a practioner of Tai Ji, Ba Gua, Hung Gar, Long Fist or any other style of Kung Fu, you will find overlap and benefit from the incorporation of Shuai jiao into your practice.

The Guang Wu Shuai Jiao Assocation was founded by Sonny Mannon and his teacher Liu Zu Guang to promote Beijing style Shuai Jiao through trainings inside and outside of China and is the only organization of its kind.

The Guang Wu Shuai Jiao curriculum and training is based off of traditional Beijing Shuai Jiao training methods and has been proven to produce skilled, knowledgeable wrestlers. Historically only skilled martial artists with previous experience were accepted into Shuai Jiao training, but through experience with hundreds of students, Master Liu and Sonny have developed a clear and concise teaching method which will produce results for anyone willing to put in the time and work.

About the training

This is one of the first seminars of its kind in North America and will cover all aspects of Beijing style Shuai Jiao. Participants will gain applicable training methods and techniques as well as a broader understanding of Beijing style Shuai Jiao and its methods. Areas of practice will include:

-Fundamental body method development

-Partner drills for increasing grips skills and set ups

-Solo technique drills

-Technique application (jacket and no jacket applications)

-Special strength development for explosive power

For any questions please email:

Sonny Mannon: [email protected]

Matt Autrey: [email protected]
Last edited by shawnsegler on Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Re: Beijing Shuai Jiao Seminar in Portland, OR

Postby shawnsegler on Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:35 am

Feel free to post any questions.

Should be a great weekend!

Best,

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Re: Beijing Shuai Jiao Seminar in Portland, OR - Jun 30/July 1

Postby taichibum on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:39 pm

Here are some highlights of a couple of our students from this years National Championship.

https://youtu.be/_Ptx0lrJ0RU
taichibum
Santi

Postby shawnsegler on Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:48 am

My body is a mass of pain today. That Beijing Shuai Chiao is for real and not for the faint of heart. Sonny does a great job of passing the info along and his skill at the material is first class.

If anybody was on the fence about coming this morning, I'd highly recommend him...also if you're in the Central Valley of CA you should seek him out.

Anyhoo...off to get ready for more pain!

Best!

S.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby taichibum on Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:28 am

I had a great time in Portland with everyone who came out to the seminar. Everyone worked really hard and hopefully they learned some things and got an idea what Beijing style Shuai Jiao is all about. Looking forward to the next time.

Sonny
taichibum
Santi

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups