Chan Chiao / Combat Shuai Chiao

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Chan Chiao / Combat Shuai Chiao

Postby iwalkthecircle on Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:56 pm

JW is thinking about starting Chan Chiao e-class based his new book.

for more details please PM me or JW. (Mayb better to PM me since he does not know that I am advertising it for him yet.)

regards,
JH =)

======================
The CC E-class will include:

- Warm up
- Basic punches (include combos)
- Basic Kicks (include combos)
- Contact points
- Basic defense
- Entering strategy
- Equipment training
- 13 Taibo
- 24 solo forms (include both solo drills and 2 men drills)
- A long SC form that contain 13 Taibo and 24 solo forms (include combos - this form is designed for teaching and learning only. It's not designed for training)

Instead of working on punch in the 1st class, kick in the 2nd class, posture in the 3rd class, and throw in the 4th class. I'll try to move every parts forward in parallel. 24 Major throws are selected for the main part of this class. The locking skill and finish strategy may be included toward the end of this class depending on the progress of this class.

This post has been edited by YouKnowWho: Today, 09:16 PM

==============

BTW this is one of our drill in the SC eClass by JW at the other site. (SHAMELESS PLUG)
Last edited by iwalkthecircle on Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
謝奇錚, 鄉人多稱「小謝 」,「阿奇仔」亦以自稱。
臺灣臺南人,初學八卦掌, 後學保定摔角 皆在美國
(臺灣或曰福爾摩沙,蓋葡萄牙文美麗島之意也)
保定摔角(SC)-- John Wang(王世元), Matt Mollica
高氏八卦掌(Gao BGZ)-- Marcus Brinkman, Luo deXiu (羅德修), Yang yuSen(楊育森)
iwalkthecircle
Great Old One

Re: Chan Chiao / Combat Shuai Chiao

Postby shawnsegler on Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:35 am

Word and best of luck with all youse SC endeavors!

:)

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby iwalkthecircle on Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:38 am

thnxs bro....

SC is so underRated in USA.
any thing to push SC forward is good.
it is just a hard art for most people to luv.
Last edited by iwalkthecircle on Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
臺灣臺南人,初學八卦掌, 後學保定摔角 皆在美國
(臺灣或曰福爾摩沙,蓋葡萄牙文美麗島之意也)
iwalkthecircle
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:42 am

It drives me crazy. I would so be taking JW's course but I don't have a training partner. Once I have enough money and maybe if I can convince Lonnie (he wanted to take it too back in the day)...it'll happen.

Anyway..

Best,

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:36 pm

I'm planning on taking the course the second time he offers it. Right now I just don't have quite enough money. :(
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby JAB on Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:10 am

How much is it?
JAB

Postby iwalkthecircle on Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:13 pm

cheaper than flying your teacher in or flying to your teacher.
actually i dont know what the price will be yet.
that will depend on JW and Brian.
i just work there and help running the class for them.

@Jake, this class might be too basic for you....
unless you don't mind learning SC from the basic foundation.
oh and i think you did also pissed a couple of ppl off at the other site as i recall....

=====================
We will be getting people on the list right up to the start date (projected 15th Jan). This is an Introduction to Solo Training (24 Si (short forms), 13 Tao Bo (stances) and equipment training) so no partner is necessary *for the Introduction*.

1. Solo, no partner needed *for this Introduction*
2. Slated to run 9 months or so.
3. Cost will be on-par with present class fees. Additionally this is an at-cost project for the ef.net staff. We are taking payment for our own services in class participation. Fees (minus the transactions costs charged by paypal) accrue 100% to the instructor.
4. A digital video camera and the technical ability to set up and utilize an FTP client is required.
5. Regular submission of homework and participation in the Q&A portion of the classroom is required.

If you have an interest.. just mark yourself on this thread or ME know via PM.
or goto "the site" that is to be unnamed (orElse this thread will be locked), & it will be pined on top. ;)
Last edited by iwalkthecircle on Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
臺灣臺南人,初學八卦掌, 後學保定摔角 皆在美國
(臺灣或曰福爾摩沙,蓋葡萄牙文美麗島之意也)
iwalkthecircle
Great Old One

Postby JAB on Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:57 am

Well John the "people" you refer to on the "other" site are a bunch of controlling, draconian, little bitches with their own agenda. I caution anyone from associating with them as you will be burned by little fucktards. They wanted to control what I said because they had business dealings with Tadzio, and apparently he is not man enough to take care of his own dealings, nor to take criticism (good thing he lives in China).

I was just curious because people said they cannot afford the course. How do they know if they can afford it if no one knows how much it is?????

And nothing is too basic for me bro! The more I learn, the less I seem to know.

Jake
JAB

Postby Felipe Bidó on Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:33 am

iwalkthecircle wrote:JW is thinking about starting Chan Chiao e-class based his new book.

for more details please PM me or JW. (Mayb better to PM me since he does not know that I am advertising it for him yet.)

regards,
JH =)

iWalk:

Give me more details about JW's book, I'm interested. Is it out?. I want a copy. If it isn't out yet, let me know. PM me if you want.

PD. John, about the thread from Brian on EF.net giving props to EF.com's Xingyiquan database, remember that he wrote that thread AFTER I made my comment on your locked thread here. Seems like he was pushed to do it, and not a coincidence. I say this because someone told me that you had quoted my post there. No biggie, just to clear the matter :)
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby JustinCobb on Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:17 pm

JAB wrote:Well John the "people" you refer to on the "other" site are a bunch of controlling, draconian, little bitches with their own agenda. I caution anyone from associating with them as you will be burned by little fucktards. They wanted to control what I said because they had business dealings with Tadzio, and apparently he is not man enough to take care of his own dealings, nor to take criticism (good thing he lives in China).

If I might make a suggestion, perhaps you need to take your differences with Tadzio to private email instead of taking it out on Brian. We were merely interested in reprinting the translation Tadzio was offering, but he has since taken his toys and gone home, just as I warned Brian he inevitably would. There was no "business" relationship.

I was just curious because people said they cannot afford the course. How do they know if they can afford it if no one knows how much it is????

Its $20/student/month. Contact iwalk.
JustinCobb
Santi

Postby JAB on Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:48 pm

Well Justin that is exactly what Brian told me, he has (past tense I guess now) a "...business relationship with Tadzio." I have no personal issues with anyone on the WWW.
Perhaps Brian should be a bit more careful who he decides to sleep with instead of me taking something somewhere. Brian has turned off many people because of his BS antics, and I can honestly say it thrills me that he got burned by Tadzio! Everyone told him the same thing, but he stubbornly refused and pushed many of us away. Get what you ask for. Tadzio is a like an STD. He promises nice, happy, wonderfully special things, but in the end delivers nothing but an itch that can't be scratched, and a shot of something nasty!

Sorry to derail...........................

I just asked john and he stated he did not know how much it is, so I am not sure your $20 a month is still accurate.

And come on guys.... if it is $20 a month, I am sure you can splurge!

Jake
JAB

Postby JustinCobb on Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:13 pm

JAB wrote:Well Justin that is exactly what Brian told me, he has (past tense I guess now) a "...business relationship with Tadzio." I have no personal issues with anyone on the WWW.
Perhaps Brian should be a bit more careful who he decides to sleep with instead of me taking something somewhere. Brian has turned off many people because of his BS antics, and I can honestly say it thrills me that he got burned by Tadzio! Everyone told him the same thing, but he stubbornly refused and pushed many of us away.

No, he pushed *you* away, you're the one with the problem with Tadzio, and again I urge you to take that up privately with him. I have had my differences with Tadzio but I know where to draw the line. Honestly, Jake, if it hadn't been Tadzio it would have been something. You have serious problems dealing with people who disagree with you.

I just asked john and he stated he did not know how much it is, so I am not sure your $20 a month is still accurate.

I assure you the $20 figure is accurate. I'm somewhat closer to the source than you are as far as the arrangements go.
JustinCobb
Santi

Postby JAB on Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:23 pm

Justin -
Funny... I have yet to be banned anywhere. Never had an argument boil over on any forum regardless of those who disagree with me. So you go on living whatever little universe you live in if it makes you happy. Others were treated much the same way not just me. And I certainly make it known that I will not be part of someones censorship shit online. That is exactly what happened on the "other" site. Apparently Brian cannot handle it when someone disagree's. So in actuality it is Brian, perhaps you??, that cannot handle something when others disagree! I never banned you or Brian or anyone, from anything, for disagreeing with me about anything.

Since you are so "close" to the source, maybe you can ask the "source" why John posted earlier in this topic that he has no idea what the price will be yet! Jeez, read the post bro.

Jake
JAB

Postby JustinCobb on Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:20 pm

JAB wrote:Funny... I have yet to be banned anywhere. Never had an argument boil over on any forum regardless of those who disagree with me. So you go on living whatever little universe you live in if it makes you happy. Others were treated much the same way not just me. And I certainly make it known that I will not be part of someones censorship shit online. That is exactly what happened on the "other" site. Apparently Brian cannot handle it when someone disagree's. So in actuality it is Brian, perhaps you??, that cannot handle something when others disagree! I never banned you or Brian or anyone, from anything, for disagreeing with me about anything.

You were not banned for disagreeing, you were *warned* for your foul and disrespectful attitude. The same attitude that leads you to refer to us as "little fucktards" in this very thread.

Since you are so "close" to the source, maybe you can ask the "source" why John posted earlier in this topic that he has no idea what the price will be yet! Jeez, read the post bro.

You are aware of this thing called "time" and that it passes, are you not? As far as I know when the topic was posted the price hadn't been settled on. It has been since.
Last edited by JustinCobb on Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JustinCobb
Santi

Postby JAB on Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:03 pm

Technically that is not how it went, but believe what you wish.
::) Looks like I am missing a lot over there ::)
Last edited by JAB on Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JAB

Next

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups