Chan Chiao / Combat Shuai Chiao

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Re: Chan Chiao / Combat Shuai Chiao

Postby iwalkthecircle on Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:56 am

I believe JW is doing Chan Chiao based on a tree branch concept when you focus on one technique like headLock and you stemOut into different throws based on the reaction of the other person's reaction. JW asks lots question in both EF to help write his book and promote SC. Perhaps you should ask him about more details and I wanted to know them too..... The book is not out yet.

Yes Brian wrote the thread after Justin & I told him about it. (I was pretty mad that my thread was locked.)

I am not intersted in politics just to promote SC or BGZ and learning more from an open-minded teacher like JW.
If i like politics and SC i would run for Taiwanese gov't where i can throw people around in congress meetings.

I have friends at both sides (you, Fong, and Brian are my friends and so are lots regualars at both sides) . I don't wanna pick a team either.

@Jake the price was set by JW/Brian at later date than my original post.

JH =)

Felipe Bidó wrote:
iwalkthecircle wrote:JW is thinking about starting Chan Chiao e-class based his new book.

for more details please PM me or JW. (Mayb better to PM me since he does not know that I am advertising it for him yet.)

regards,
JH =)

iWalk:

Give me more details about JW's book, I'm interested. Is it out?. I want a copy. If it isn't out yet, let me know. PM me if you want.

PD. John, about the thread from Brian on EF.net giving props to EF.com's Xingyiquan database, remember that he wrote that thread AFTER I made my comment on your locked thread here. Seems like he was pushed to do it, and not a coincidence. I say this because someone told me that you had quoted my post there. No biggie, just to clear the matter :)

============
"Alright folks. I've added the "Chan Chiao Learner" subscription package to the system. Per JW's instructions it will be $20/month, the course is slated to run 7-9 months total. This is a NON-RECURRING bill... so you have to renew your subscription manually when it runs out. I will also be adding in 3 month subscription options for both the Guanghua Learner and Chan Chiao Learner packages shortly.

go ahead and sign up.. you will get switched to the Chan Chiao Learner group.. but the clock will not start until Jan 15th which is the official start date. Once you are enrolled for the group you lock in your place and you get access to the feedback threads we will be starting in the Chan Chiao classroom."
Last edited by iwalkthecircle on Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
謝奇錚, 鄉人多稱「小謝 」,「阿奇仔」亦以自稱。
臺灣臺南人,初學八卦掌, 後學保定摔角 皆在美國
(臺灣或曰福爾摩沙,蓋葡萄牙文美麗島之意也)
保定摔角(SC)-- John Wang(王世元), Matt Mollica
高氏八卦掌(Gao BGZ)-- Marcus Brinkman, Luo deXiu (羅德修), Yang yuSen(楊育森)
iwalkthecircle
Great Old One

Postby iwalkthecircle on Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:02 am

I dont wanna be dragged into this war between 2 sites.

I believe this war is not needed.
Like you said this feels like school yard baby politics.....
I grew out of it many years ago.

I dont think war promotes CMA like XYC, TCC, BGZ, and SC.
We all are together for the love of CMA and it is already a dying art.
Why fight each other at all.
Last edited by iwalkthecircle on Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
臺灣臺南人,初學八卦掌, 後學保定摔角 皆在美國
(臺灣或曰福爾摩沙,蓋葡萄牙文美麗島之意也)
iwalkthecircle
Great Old One

Postby iwalkthecircle on Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:09 am

JAB wrote:Well John the "people" you refer to on the "other" site are a bunch of controlling, draconian, little bitches with their own agenda. I caution anyone from associating with them as you will be burned by little fucktards. They wanted to control what I said because they had business dealings with Tadzio, and apparently he is not man enough to take care of his own dealings, nor to take criticism (good thing he lives in China).

I was just curious because people said they cannot afford the course. How do they know if they can afford it if no one knows how much it is?????

And nothing is too basic for me bro! The more I learn, the less I seem to know.

Jake

you might have to get on the site you don't love to take the eClass.
臺灣臺南人,初學八卦掌, 後學保定摔角 皆在美國
(臺灣或曰福爾摩沙,蓋葡萄牙文美麗島之意也)
iwalkthecircle
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:48 am

I dont wanna be dragged into this war between 2 sites.

I believe this war is not needed.
Like you said this feels like school yard baby politics.....
I grew out of it many years ago.

I dont think war promotes CMA like XYC, TCC, BGZ, and SC.
We all are together for the love of CMA and it is already a dying art.
Why fight each other at all.

Iwalk. Don't defend this situation please. It's not childish schoolboy antics. Just a reasonable display of boundries between adults.

Brian and Co broke off from us in a very specific and unfriendly way. It doesn't matter whether you're ad-ing for JW or you have friends on both sides of the fence or whatever. The fact of the matter is anything that you set up like that is designed to promote brians site by you linking to it or whatever business he gets out of it.

That's what they do. Steal other peoples good reputation for their benefit.

So, please just do the right thing. Don't link to .net here and if you are ad-ing for JW. Link it to JW and his website...or just don't post it here.

It's the right thing to do. Please understand that.

Best,

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby JAB on Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:47 am

Good post S! I agree 100%
Anyone who is interested in the actual details can PM me, I do not care to derail John Wang's thread any further than I have. My apologies.
Jake
JAB

Postby Josealb on Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:35 am

The thing is, that the people here who still post and read also on .net already know about the E-class by reading it there....and the ones who do not bother on logging on to .net dont want anything to do with Brian, doesnt matter what the Eclass is about. So posting it here wont matter much, its almost as not posting it at all.

I dont know, but somehow i feel that if John does this Eclass thing on his own website, without any outside "help", He would get double the E-students...hell....im interested. Hes THE man when it comes to throwing.

Then again im just taking a wild guess...i might be wrong. :P
Last edited by Josealb on Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby iwalkthecircle on Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:54 am

JAB wrote:Good post S! I agree 100%
Anyone who is interested in the actual details can PM me, I do not care to derail John Wang's thread any further than I have. My apologies.
Jake

If you have actual details just annouce it.

I canNot post it here withOut posting the actual link.
I am not sure proper boundry is what you actually call this tho'.

Just to be fair, Jake, you do sound an jerk most of time onLine whether here or at the other site.
I am not sure it is your inner jerk coming out or not.
We have met twice in person and I know you are not a jerk.
臺灣臺南人,初學八卦掌, 後學保定摔角 皆在美國
(臺灣或曰福爾摩沙,蓋葡萄牙文美麗島之意也)
iwalkthecircle
Great Old One

Postby iwalkthecircle on Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:57 am

Josealb wrote:The thing is, that the people here who still post and read also on .net already know about the E-class by reading it there....and the ones who do not bother on logging on to .net dont want anything to do with Brian, doesnt matter what the Eclass is about. So posting it here wont matter much, its almost as not posting it at all.

I dont know, but somehow i feel that if John does this Eclass thing on his own website, without any outside "help", He would get double the E-students...hell....im interested. Hes THE man when it comes to throwing.

Then again im just taking a wild guess...i might be wrong. :P

prob true.

his website is 'johnswang.com' .
as far as know not many people signed up for his eClass from his website.
maybe more now.
Last edited by iwalkthecircle on Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
臺灣臺南人,初學八卦掌, 後學保定摔角 皆在美國
(臺灣或曰福爾摩沙,蓋葡萄牙文美麗島之意也)
iwalkthecircle
Great Old One

Postby JAB on Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:15 am

John
Perhaps I am an ass. I would not argue. Most people love me, or hate me. I am okay with it. Many of you play the PC role on line and sugar coat shit. I do not. So perhaps I am an ass, but I have had MANY conversations with people on this board (including a couple with people posting on this subject John) who have all sorts of opinions in person, but they disappear online. I wear my heart on my sleeve and call it hows I see it. My attitude does not change in person or online. Asshole; perhaps. PC; certainly not. Honest; always. You will not find two different Jake's.
As for the details....
Tadzio posted an interview of his teacher (was posted here too) and all I commented on was the fact that he said nothing, and everyone was nut hugging Tadzio for "releasing" this private info to the public. His teacher basically said there style was better, and gave no reason why other than his own arrogant opinion. I called it how I saw it. Brian at first started to edit my posts (others as well), and then started to delete posts of mine without permission, and without explanation. When I asked about this I was told Brian has a business arrangement with Tadzio and that Brian would be deleting any and all posts from people who did not have something positive (ie. kiss Tadzio's ass) to say. I said that is BS and you cannot censor people on a public forum, especially when they are being civil (I know it is hard to believe, but I was being civil). He said fuck you I can do what I want. I said fuck you very much and never posted there again.

There you go.
I agree 100% with Jose, Wang will get much better turnout not including them in the deal, but to each their own. Some have to get burned before they learn the stove is hot!

Jake
JAB

Postby GrahamB on Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:57 am

That video by Tadzio is hilarious.

"Master, people want to know why we think our style is the best?"

"Well.... our style is the best because IT IS THE BEST! It is the MOST POWERFUL STYLE."

"But, people want to knwo why is our style the most powerful?"

"Our style is the most powerful because our style is THE BEST!",

etc, etc, on and on. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz ;D
Last edited by GrahamB on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby JAB on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:17 am

Exactly!
And I am the jerk ::) :-\ :P
JAB

Postby iwalkthecircle on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:18 am

JAB wrote:Well John the "people" you refer to on the "other" site are a bunch of controlling, draconian, little bitches with their own agenda. I caution anyone from associating with them as you will be burned by little fucktards. They wanted to control what I said because they had business dealings with Tadzio, and apparently he is not man enough to take care of his own dealings, nor to take criticism (good thing he lives in China).

I was just curious because people said they cannot afford the course. How do they know if they can afford it if no one knows how much it is?????

And nothing is too basic for me bro! The more I learn, the less I seem to know.

Jake

i believe you can be honest without being a jerk.

i didNot know that Brian changed your posts.
i understand why you would get mad.

i been asking JW for since 2005 for his eClass.
it did not happen as far as i can tell.
i do prefer to learn from him in person still, and as you know the cost quickly adds up.
Last edited by iwalkthecircle on Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
臺灣臺南人,初學八卦掌, 後學保定摔角 皆在美國
(臺灣或曰福爾摩沙,蓋葡萄牙文美麗島之意也)
iwalkthecircle
Great Old One

Postby JAB on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:44 am

Well John opinions vary.

What it cost's to bring in JW is nothing compared to what you get. Just need to organize seminars better and it will cost you next to nothing bro.
Jake
JAB

Postby iwalkthecircle on Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:43 pm

RE: Tadzio's teacher

I have different view. For the most part any normal Chinese will not talk like a total 'badAss tm' unless he is really a badAss or a crazy person. XYC is not my art so I have no idea what good XYC is even if it hit me on the nuts.

Thanks Jake. I wish there are more people like you pushing for SC in USA.
臺灣臺南人,初學八卦掌, 後學保定摔角 皆在美國
(臺灣或曰福爾摩沙,蓋葡萄牙文美麗島之意也)
iwalkthecircle
Great Old One

Postby JAB on Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:25 pm

Thanks John.
As for the comment on the Chinese...... dude....... have you met some of the Chinese teachers out there???? Everyone has won a buttload of "challenge matches" yet I rarely hear about anyone losing one ::) ??? :-\

Jake
JAB

PreviousNext

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups