Xing Yi Seminar Seattle, WA.

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Xing Yi Seminar Seattle, WA.

Postby JAB on Fri May 23, 2008 8:50 am

Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
Proudly Presents a Weekend Workshop On:

Developing & Training of Fa Li:
Via the Nei Gung & Five Elements, of
Li Gui Chang’s Xing Yi

w / Martin LaPlatney
June 14-15th, 2008
Seattle, WA.
(Location information will be provided with registration)

Single Session: $55
Two Sessions: $65
Whole Weekend: $75
*Fathers Receive $10 off Whole Weekend Price*

For registration, or further questions please contact:
Jake Burroughs: [email protected] / 206-941-3232
threeharmonies.com

Session I:
Saturday June 14th, 12:30 – 3:30pm

Tu Na Si Ba Nei Gung Set
Similar, but much more powerful than Qi Gong, the ‘Tu Na Si Ba Nei Gung’ set (literally “Four Methods of Breathing Internal Exercise”) is a specific set of exercises that work breathing, physical movement, intention, and most importantly body awareness. Derived from Li Gui Chang’s Xing Yi system, this set is beneficial not only to martial artists, but also to those who are looking for a very powerful Nei Gung set to practice.
For those involved in the martial arts, specifically those who study Xing Yi / Taiji / Bagua, this set is essential to the development of power, sensitivity, intention, and whole body power. This set is rarely seen outside of the Li Gui Chang lineage, and to the best of our knowledge this will be the first time it is taught in its entirety with such detail!
• Increase body awareness beneficial to all martial arts
• Increase your stamina / respiration / control over your intercostal muscles (muscles in-between your ribs, essential to breathing)
• Loss stress & un-needed body tension

Session II & III:
Session II: Saturday June 14th, 5 – 8pm
Session III: Sunday June 15th, 10am – 1pm

Developing Fa Li (Issuance of Power)
Building off of the Tu Na Si Ba seminar we will dive further into the Xing Yi system of Li Gui Chang by training the unique system of power issuance (Fa Li), specifically shaking power, via the Five Elements. No prior knowledge of the Five Elements is required, but it is STRONGLY suggested that the student attend Session I on Saturday!
Martin will share various drills, exercises, and techniques that will assist you in striking harder and more accurately in your practice.
• Learn drills, and exercises to develop Fa Li throughout the whole body (Shen Fa)
• Take away skills beneficial to your own martial practice
• Understand the importance of relaxing to issue maximum power, with minimal effort
• Train with one Li Gui Chang’s western disciples

As with all of our seminars this workshop is open to any and all stylists, levels, and ranks. All we ask is you bring an open attitude, and leave the ego at the door. We hope to see you for this very special weekend! For more information, or to register contact Jake Burroughs 206-941-3232 / [email protected]

The Instructor Martin LaPlatney:
Li Gui Chang’s Xing Yi system is unique in that it is very soft, relaxed and has been heavily influenced by Taiji. There are only three individuals qualified to teach Li’s Xing Yi system here in the west, and Martin is the only one openly teaching this wonderful martial lineage.
Martin LaPlatney has been studying the martial arts for nearly 40 years beginning with Long Fist and Judo, and eventually dedicating himself to the art of Xing Yi under Li Gui Chang and his student Song Zhi Yong, who is considered by Li to be the standard for the system. Martin has focused on the Xing Yi of Li Gui Chang because of the emphasis on sensitivity, and the development of soft power. To quote Li Laoshi, “One cannot issue force, if one cannot find a place to issue it!” Martin truly epitomizes Li’s words! For more information on Martin visit www.martinlaplatney.com
JAB

Re: Xing Yi Seminar Seattle, WA.

Postby shawnsegler on Fri May 23, 2008 9:48 am

Wow, nice bio.

I wish I was not so poverty stricken so I could go...or to any seminars right now.

Good luck and post a review.

Best,

S- getting stamped into the ground with bills working man.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby JAB on Fri May 23, 2008 10:26 am

No worries bro. Martin usually visits me once a year at least. Their will be other opportunities.
Jake -duel-
JAB

Postby somatai on Fri May 23, 2008 2:05 pm

looks like a cool seminar....too bad it is on the other coast....does this chap live and teach out there? I am curious about this line of xing yi any more info available?

thanks,
Derek
somatai

Postby JAB on Fri May 23, 2008 4:13 pm

Visit Martin's site, as well as mine for more info.
Martin lives in NYC.
Cheers
Jake -saber-
threeharmonies.com
JAB

Postby Dale Dugas on Fri May 23, 2008 5:38 pm

Sounds way cool brother.

Luck with the sem.
Dr. Dale Dugas, AP DOM MAOM, Dipl.OM
http://www.daledugas.com
Dale Dugas
Great Old One

Postby JAB on Fri May 23, 2008 6:31 pm

Thanks! Martin is a gerat guy, with a deep knowledge and understanding of Xing Yi. I am very fortunate to have such great teachers in my life.

Cheers
Jake -joint-
JAB

Postby JAB on Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:33 pm

Still room left for any last minute stragglers.
Jake -toast-
JAB

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups