anyone in Beijing?

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

anyone in Beijing?

Postby tomasz on Tue May 05, 2009 9:54 pm

seems that Shanghai has a nice group of guys to practice together. seems also that there are many people here in beijing but its close to impossible to find people to practice with ... why is that ??? :P
Last edited by tomasz on Tue May 05, 2009 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Half knowledge is worse than ignorance. - Thomas B. Macaulay
tomasz
Santi

Re: anyone in Beijing?

Postby I-mon on Wed May 06, 2009 3:52 am

Hey Tomasz I wondered if you were still checking on the forum, and if you were still hanging around in Beijing.

How's it going? got no training partners since Josh left? Still learning Tongbei?
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby tomasz on Wed May 06, 2009 5:16 am

I-mon wrote:Hey Tomasz I wondered if you were still checking on the forum, and if you were still hanging around in Beijing.

How's it going? got no training partners since Josh left? Still learning Tongbei?

Josh told me that Miro was looking for me, this is why I checked this forum. No training partners at all, all people who i met r just interested in form practice or bjj.... ::)
tomasz
Santi

Postby Orpheus on Wed May 06, 2009 5:20 pm

Tomasz,

I'll be moving to Beijing this summer. I have a background in San Da and Cheng Bagua. I'll be studying Liang Bagua and Shuai Jiao while there. I'll be living near Wudakou.

I'll send you another message as the time gets closer.
Orpheus
Anjing

Postby tomasz on Wed May 06, 2009 6:55 pm

Orpheus wrote:Tomasz,

I'll be moving to Beijing this summer. I have a background in San Da and Cheng Bagua. I'll be studying Liang Bagua and Shuai Jiao while there. I'll be living near Wudakou.

I'll send you another message as the time gets closer.

great. cant wait ;D
tomasz
Santi

Postby DPG on Sun May 10, 2009 12:27 am

tomasz wrote:seems that Shanghai has a nice group of guys to practice together. seems also that there are many people here in beijing but its close to impossible to find people to practice with ... why is that ??? :P

haha, poor tomasz, thats what you get for scaring all your sparring buddies away! greg's wife still has nightmares cuz of you. Any plans for visits to Shanghai? I'm making a trip out to Shanxi next month, meet up with Taz for a bit, then head off to Tianjin. Maybe I can stop by Beijing for a day or two, sneak in a couple rounds, hehe. Will let you know.

D
DPG
Santi

Postby tomasz on Mon May 11, 2009 6:45 am

DPG wrote:
tomasz wrote:seems that Shanghai has a nice group of guys to practice together. seems also that there are many people here in beijing but its close to impossible to find people to practice with ... why is that ??? :P

haha, poor tomasz, thats what you get for scaring all your sparring buddies away! greg's wife still has nightmares cuz of you. Any plans for visits to Shanghai? I'm making a trip out to Shanxi next month, meet up with Taz for a bit, then head off to Tianjin. Maybe I can stop by Beijing for a day or two, sneak in a couple rounds, hehe. Will let you know.

D

because of me :P ? because of us ;D
no plans to visit shanghai so far. hope to see u in beijing though
tomasz
Santi

Postby Frank Bellemare on Wed May 13, 2009 3:32 am

Hey Tomasz, Orpheus

I'm in Beijing right now, living on Zhangzizhonglu near the subway station of the same name. I mostly train Yang style taichi and I'm not particularly good at it, but it sure would be fun to meet up and spar or push hands or whatever. I'm pretty much available anytime. When and where are you guys available?
Frank Bellemare
Anjing

Postby Miro on Thu May 14, 2009 6:48 am

Ok, if you wish to meet me, we can meet at subway station Anzhenmen exit A (it is almost in the middle of park) or at Zhangzizhonglu exit A this Sunday at 2 pm, you can decide the place. Just do not expect too much fighting from me, please, my broken collar-bone still did not heal completely, but we can try... My phone is 152 011 278 52. Thanks.

Regards
Miro
Last edited by Miro on Thu May 14, 2009 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
We have entered a voyeuristic, or "phanic," era where esoteric ideas and methods are only unveiled and put within reach of everyone because they no longer have any chance of being understood. (Mircea Eliade)
Miro
Great Old One

Postby tomasz on Thu May 14, 2009 8:25 am

Frank Bellemare wrote:Hey Tomasz, Orpheus

I'm in Beijing right now, living on Zhangzizhonglu near the subway station of the same name. I mostly train Yang style taichi and I'm not particularly good at it, but it sure would be fun to meet up and spar or push hands or whatever. I'm pretty much available anytime. When and where are you guys available?

I'm on opposite side of the city i think, east of Chaoyang park. mostly i practice on the roof of mine building or in a gym near to my place because they have a judo mat there and we can practice throws
tomasz
Santi

Postby Frank Bellemare on Thu May 14, 2009 9:12 pm

Great Miro, Sunday 2pm sounds good to me. I'd rather we meet at Anzhenmen as there aren't that many parks very close to Zhangzizhonglu. There's always Beihai and Jingshan which are fairly close but anyways. So line 10 anzhenmen station exit A, Sunday 2pm it is.

Does that work for you Tomasz? If you're close to Chaoyang park, then you should not be too far from a line 10 station, right?

My number is 137 1803 5417. I'll see you guys Sunday, if everything works out.
Frank Bellemare
Anjing

Postby tomasz on Thu May 14, 2009 10:49 pm

Frank Bellemare wrote:Great Miro, Sunday 2pm sounds good to me. I'd rather we meet at Anzhenmen as there aren't that many parks very close to Zhangzizhonglu. There's always Beihai and Jingshan which are fairly close but anyways. So line 10 anzhenmen station exit A, Sunday 2pm it is.

Does that work for you Tomasz? If you're close to Chaoyang park, then you should not be too far from a line 10 station, right?

My number is 137 1803 5417. I'll see you guys Sunday, if everything works out.

nope. its not, its more than couple miles away. Second: to do any sparrings we need equipment, i'm not gonna drag it through whole beijing ::)
I already met Miro, have fun.
i will train with my friend sat and sun at my place around 4-5. you r welcome to join
Last edited by tomasz on Thu May 14, 2009 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tomasz
Santi

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups