Martial Games UK

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Martial Games UK

Postby WongYing on Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:30 am

Dear all,

A major competition is being planned and scheduled for September 5/6 this year called the "Martial Games" - It is being held at Loughborough University just near Leicester.

There are finally categories for Traditional Chinese Martial Arts Northern Southern and Internal. No not just Tai Chi Chuan...but Hsing Yi, Ba Gua, Ba Ji, etc etc etc.

San Shou is also being organised

I know the organisers are looking for help from the TCMA to make sure that the Internal Arts are represented correctly and fairly, they are looking for judges with a good solid TCMA background in the Internal Arts

There is media coverage being discussed from Bravo or Channel 4. A Masters Exhibition Demonstrations etc.

There have only been 1 or 2 places to showcase TCMA in the UK over the past few years, the "Martial Games" is well funded and will be an annual event growing Internationally. So if you practice teach Internal Arts please contact the organisers if you would be willing to judge or help make this an event where all practitioners of TCMA Internal Arts can go and showcase their arts.

Competitors also needed, there wil be categories for Hsing Yi, Ba Gua, Ba Ji, Tong Bei, etc single person forms, weapons forms, two man forms.

Please visit http://www.MAF-UK.co.uk
Last edited by WongYing on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
WongYing
Huajing

Re: Martial Games UK

Postby middleway on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:09 am

any San Shou or general Full contact stuff going on? I wouldn't be interested in Form work but might be in competing in San Shou or similar if its happening.

Good IMA form stuff is Hella boring to watch IMO so not sure how IMA forms will be judged.

Thanks for the Heads up anyways.

Cheers
Chris
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby WongYing on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:43 am

Oh yes Apologies San Shou is being organised - Apologies for missing it off. I dunno Good Hsing Yi and Ba Gua, Ba Ji is good to watch...
WongYing
Huajing

Postby mrtoes on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:56 am

Thanks for this. Do you know whether the san shou is going to be team/league based, or individual fighters? I can let people know about this but would be good to know more. The site is just a jpg at the mo but says it will be up on 7th June so hopefully there will be more details then.
mrtoes
Wuji

Postby WongYing on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:27 am

Sorry cant say further than what is on web site at the moment, I think I will probably be individual, maybe team, the person doing the san shou has to get the divisions sorted by Friday for the organisers to post up for Sunday
WongYing
Huajing

Postby cloudz on Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:14 am

Cool.. I might be up for some san shou. Will you have to be BCCMA member to compete at this event do you know ?
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby yusuf on Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:33 am

san shou eh :)
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby WongYing on Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:54 am

This is a completely open event, you do not have to belong to any organisation or governing body per se. The event is fully insured and open to all Chinese martial artists.
WongYing
Huajing

Postby warriorprincess on Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:42 am

The website is down at the moment! does anyone know what time it starts, and how much it costs?

(I want to watch not compete...)
warriorprincess
Anjing

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups