Fighting again in August

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Fighting again in August

Postby Juan on Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Signed up for this tournament last week: http://www.longbeachikc.com/pdf/2009/flyers/SKB%20FLYER%2009.pdf

I'll be fighting in the Muay Thai division, signed myself up for the "Black Belt" level (which is the top level). I figure this is a good test form me, if I do well here I'll make my trainer happy and make that jump to full amateur. If he still wants me to, he's actually left me alone right now. Hopefully I didn't blow it and effectively pushed myself out of the fighter's stable.

I can feel myself already getting into fight mode. The hunger is setting in and I feel myself getting meaner. I'll start getting myself into full fight mode in a couple of weeks so I can train my ass off. Anything less than first place will be a disappointment for me. I can guarantee you guys something, even if my opponent beats me he is going to know he was in a goddamn fight. With all due respect to whoever they may be, fuck them!

Also, my son will be fighting in the intermediate Muay Thai division. Wish us luck. Anyone wanting to go check out the action the tickets are $15. It should be cool because they are having three different styles of kickboxing as well as MMA matches (for sanctioning purposes they are called combined martial arts rather than MMA).
Juan
Great Old One

Re: Fighting again in August

Postby Snow on Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:46 pm

Go, Juan! Good luck to you and your son. How old is he now? I remember him being pretty good, even when he was little.
Snow
Anjing

Postby shawnsegler on Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:53 pm

Should we at EF put together a pool to buy you some hemp rope, glue and broken glass so you can represent da traditional!!!
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:18 pm

esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Juan on Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:21 pm

Snow wrote:Go, Juan! Good luck to you and your son. How old is he now? I remember him being pretty good, even when he was little.

Thanks Snow. My son is 14 now, he graduated from 8th grade yesterday with honors. We are very, very proud of him. He even received a scholarship from his school for academic achievement.
Juan
Great Old One

Postby Snow on Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:55 pm

Excellent!
Snow
Anjing

Postby eddie mush on Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:05 pm

Juan wrote:
Snow wrote:Go, Juan! Good luck to you and your son. How old is he now? I remember him being pretty good, even when he was little.

Thanks Snow. My son is 14 now, he graduated from 8th grade yesterday with honors. We are very, very proud of him. He even received a scholarship from his school for academic achievement.

well done! :D
Martin Lund Rasmussen

In case you are unfamiliar with Eddie Mush, he was the character in the movie "A Bronx Tale" who was a total jinx. He had a perfect track record of losing every bet he ever placed as well as jinxing everyone around him.
eddie mush
Anjing

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups