MAUL at Fight house

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

MAUL at Fight house

Postby KEND on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:05 pm

Expand your knowledge, Brunei fighting arts, excellent teacher

www.silatsuffian.com: New York, USA Seminar - 27 / 28 June 09Fighthouse 122 West 27th Street, 2nd FloorNew York, New York 10001 .... Pada awal tahun 2009, iaitu pada bulan Januari, saya Maul Mornie telah pun membuat ...
www.silatsuffian.com/.../new-york-usa-s ... ne-09.html - Cached - Similar
KEND
Great Old One

Re: MAUL at Fight house

Postby yusuf on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:20 am

hey all

Definitely worth going. I made a trip to see MAul in Cardiff for a private lesson. His weapons stuff is very very good. A lot of it looks liek filipino stufff but consider where Brunei is geographically. In addition he also has the basis of Spring 12 and other Silat as part of his family art (thats from practitioners who are based in Malaysia) :)

One really interesting thing is the stark practical application of what he is teaching. I heard a story of some students who wanted to learn the next knife defense technique set. Maul apparently said ok fine, I'll attack you with a live knife, if you can defend using the techniques you have been training we'll move on to the next series. The student all went back to training the thing they should have been.

You should make an effort to go.. Even one lesson will change how you see weapons training.

peace

yusuf
Last edited by yusuf on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups