Seminar in Philadelphia 5/3-5/7th

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Seminar in Philadelphia 5/3-5/7th

Postby Michael Dasargo on Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:01 am

Hello Everyone,

My name is Mike Dasargo, and here is my Wu Guan: www.SanDiegoFitnessMartialArts.com

If you are in the Philadelphia area and feel that you, your students, and/or you business may benefit from my services, then please contact me to make arrangements.

I will pay for travel and lodging.

Very Humbly,
M.Dasargo
www.youtube.com/sdfitnessmartialarts
Michael Dasargo
Anjing

Re: Seminar in Philadelphia 5/3-5/7th

Postby Michael Dasargo on Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:39 pm

Training Methods

After diligent research and development, we at IFMA have formulated the most effective means of transmitting the fighting arts in a straightforward, organized manner.

Athletic Development:

Athletic Development focuses on the athletic attributes of the martial arts technique. By breaking down complex techniques into simple isolated movements, you can learn the technique while developing speed, power, agility, reflex, and quickness.

Technique P.R.I.M.E.R. (Principles, Reasoning, Indicators, Mechanical Efficiency, Results)

We thoroughly teach you the techniques by exploring the principles that make it work, reasoning behind the techniques, indicators to tell you when to apply the techniques, mechanical efficiency for optimal power and energy conservation, and the results you get when you execute the techniques.

Micro-fight Simulations

There’s no better introduction to the realism of the techniques than to go through our simulated fight progressions. This phase of training allows you to progress from simple to complex challenges that you will face when attempting to apply what you’ve learned. Your training partner will first behave passively so you can acquire the timing and momentum of the technique. Next, your partner will be resistive, enhancing the efficacy of your body mechanics. Lastly, your partner will respond combatively so you can identify and rectify the potential dangers in the execution of your technique.

Intuitive Reflex-Eustress Zone Training (IREZT)

IREZ training is an opportunity to explore your skills in a safe and dynamic environment. In IREZ training, you are presented with random indicators to assess the intuitive nature of your responses. Any hiccups or hesitation in technique selection identifies the need for isolated training drills that are designed to develop your responses so that it becomes natural and instinctive. The progressive nature also allows you to identify your positive combat stress zone; the emotional state where you perform at your best. To slow, and reflexes can become complacent. Too intense, and performance deteriorates. IREZT makes your Eustress zone apparent so that you can train yourself to reach your optimal performance zone at will.

Mind and Body Resilience Development
Violence and hostility can be stressful on both the mind and body. At IFMA, we understand that people have unique levels of anxiety and sensitivity to contact. Each student works at their own comfort level. As a martial artist, you will learn to be indifferent to the perception of injury and assess the situation objectively. Throughout your training, physical contact progressions reduce the intrusive perception of physicality and provide objective damage assessment skills. What this means is that you will be comfortable with contact and will learn to differentiate psychological discomfort from physical pain. If you stand before a single enemy, and you oppose yourself, you’re already outnumbered.

Whether your interest is Jianshu, Shuai-chiao, Mantis Boxing, Taijiquan, or simply looking to improve your current skills or instruction, our formulas will ensure the efficacy of your training.
Michael Dasargo
Anjing

Postby JAB on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:35 pm

Did you move to Philly?
JAB

Postby Michael Dasargo on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:03 pm

Hey Jake,

I'm actually visiting the area on business, and I hope I can be a consultant to anyone who might benefit from my experience. I don't want to come off as pretentious, but I know I can contribute to the Philly community while I'm there.

Mike D.
Michael Dasargo
Anjing

Postby JAB on Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:52 am

Cool beans. Good luck!
JAB

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups