Flying Fish in SFO

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Re: Flying Fish in SFO

Postby qiphlow on Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:16 pm

cool. i'm looking forward to this.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby kenneth fish on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:51 pm

Closer to 10 might be better (teenage daughter in tow - god knows how long she will take just doing her hair in the morning) - PM me some phone numbers so I can confirm when I am in Folsom
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:42 pm

The best part is he's fully qualified to put you back together once he breaks you.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:36 am

how about the rosamunde and toronado, sausage and beer combo on friday night then? 7/18?
the toronado is on haight at fillmore. the rosamunde grill is right next door.

-Fong
nianfong
Administrator

Postby kenneth fish on Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:02 pm

I think I know the places - on the corner? Are those ok to bring a kid into (by which I mean are they more bar than restaurant)?
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:37 pm

There's also metro burger right around the corner by squat and gobble. I used to eat there a lot. Pretty good burgers.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby kenneth fish on Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:21 am

well, I am sure that we can find something in that neighborhood or within a short drive. Is everyone on that side of town? I imagine that someplace like Godzilla Sushi would be impossible on a Friday night, so anyplace where we can get decent food and sit a while would be good. Any decent Texmex?
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:40 am

There's a really good little sushi place between the road between whatever street the street car runs up when it comes out by safeway (anza?) and market but below divisidero...can't remember the exact address but if any of you peeps out there, but if you find it somehow it's one of my farorite.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:37 am

no texmex I know of here, dr. fish. plenty of calmex though. if you're bringing your daughter, the toronado would not work.
I believe magnolia might though (they brew their own beer, and are in the upper haight, close to haight and ashbury). but if you want mexican.... all the good places are not very comfortable, unless we go to fancy mexican, or someplace like chevy's.

shawn, I believe you're talking about the "secret sushi" place at carl and cole--the N judah comes out by the safeway at church and duboce, then climbs the hill and enters a tunnel. when it comes out, it's on Carl, and the secret sushi place is just past cole on the right. I know some better ones if japanese is the cuisine of choice. there's a great one in the inner richmond that's both cheap and good. There's also a great new izakaya called Sozai that I absolutely love. nice to get some sake and beer there while getting your skewered grilled and fried foods down.

-Fong
nianfong
Administrator

Postby shawnsegler on Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:51 am

[quote]believe you're talking about the "secret sushi" place at carl and cole--the N judah comes out by the safeway at church and duboce, then climbs the hill and enters a tunnel.[quote]

Yeah, I think that's the one.

What the hell though. That haight/divis/market/castro area is a pretty good area to just throw a stick and hit some good restaurant.

You could go up the hill to the upper haight and got to blue front cafe and get bomb middle eastern food.

S- OH I WANT TO GET BACK TO MY CITTTTTTTYYYY BY THE BAYYYYYYYYYYY...OHHHHH...OOHHHH...OHHHHHH!!!

:)
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby fuga on Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:11 am

My favorite place in the City right now is Burma Superstar, but getting a table is always an issue.
fuga
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:16 am

Lincoln keeps going on about zante's indian pizza.

I'm curious.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:08 am

oh zante's indian pizza is tasty. delivers anywhere in the city too... but are always there later than they promise.

there's a new amber india (oriignal was in mtn view) in the city. I haven't been yet, but it may be a comfortable place to sit/eat/talk, if it's like the original at all. Otherwise all the good indian places are not as comfortable to sit.

seriously though, just check my yelp profile guys:

http://allnightfong.yelp.com
my lists:
http://www.yelp.com/user_details_lists? ... 2bMbPsco9Q

-Fong
nianfong
Administrator

Postby kenneth fish on Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:36 pm

Actually, Magnolia sounds like a good suggestion - I remember the place (which is always a plus) and the beer and food were pretty good, Tatiana can get a good fish and chips, and we can sit without being made to feel like we should be moving along. Probably need reservations - we can firm that up on Wednesday.

As far as Sunday is concerned, I had a thought - since my daughter will probably want to sleep in, perhaps we could meet around 8 AM and work for an hour and a half or so - i would like to work on song kua, kai kua, and concepts of moving around the center axis and rooting in the lower abdomen. We will be staying in South San Francisco, so I need to allow time to get back and shower etc (we have a formal tea in the afternoon). Golden Gate park should be OK, unless there is another location between where you guys are and SSF that would be convenient (I think there is a decent park near Stonestown, but whatever works)
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups