In Montreal on July 23rd

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

Re: In Montreal on July 23rd

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:24 am

shawnsegler wrote:Pushing clips, please...or it didn't happen.

S

I don't push. I jam it.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:03 pm

i also would like to see some video
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:35 pm

I don't have a camera, but if Juan or Dmitri (or Alex if he comes) have one, then I have no problem with that.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby AlexMtl on Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:35 am

I'll try to be there at 4pm (I left my job yesterday ! hehe) but might not be able to stay late or more than 1 or 2hours,
Teo can you PM me your cell phone number ? I bought a new one yesterday I'll send you mine ...
AlexMtl
Mingjing

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:37 am

Alex, I guess congratulations. If you want, check out my company, www.CEDROM-SNi.com and send me your CV if you're interested. There is no position available, but I can always give your CV to my boss.

I will finish work at 4:30 latest, so maybe Alex can join Dmitri. I will give you his cell phone. I don't know how long I can stay either. I will try to stay at least until 8:00 or 9:00 PM but I don't know yet. Some things happened that may require my presence today.
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby xingyijuan on Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:33 pm

Hey guys!

All I can say is that it was really nice to meet you finally. Dmitri, Teo, I hope you had some fun tonight. Alex, hope we meet again soon.
I'm really glad you know I'm real now and not some figment in Mix's imagination... cause it doesn't sound like a nice place to be! ;D ;)

J
"Power cannot exist without movement"Yang Hai

* Nammies: Comprehension not required.
xingyijuan
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:19 pm

Yeah, it was fun meeting with all of you and having a nice bubble tea. I really enjoyed putting a face on Dmitri's and Juan's name. I am also relieved that he is not just another part of Mix's personality. ;D

Mr Yang Hai is a really nice man, who is open to people and funny. His students are nice too. He runs a good CMA school. He was really gracious and allowed us to push hands with his students and even allowed us to use his school in order to cross hands. You guys have a great teacher who seems really interested in all martial arts.

Dmitri, thank you a lot for your feedback on my errors tonight. Thanks for the pushing hands, it was really fun. It was nice meeting your wife and the two cuties. I hope that we can do this again next year, hopefully for a longer time on Mount-Royal and with the full Montreal crew.
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby AlexMtl on Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:58 am

Yup!
too bad I couldn't stay that much, I would have loved to be part of the PHs session. Hopefully next time,

Juan exists!! I really thought that he was mostly a product of Mix' wet dreams but no! It was nice meeting you, and we wait for you to join us on the mont royal next time,

It was nice to put a face and meet Dmitri, very nice guy,

Cheers
AlexMtl
Mingjing

Postby xingyijuan on Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:08 am

Yeah, putting a face on your names was a real treat.
Like I said, we'll see for the next meet up on Mount-Royal. Saturday mornings are really off-limit for me... for now... So, we'll see.
Alex, too bad it was short. But it was sweet.
Dmitri, I hope you had a nice stay here in Montreal. Have a safe trip back to Atlanta. Hope to see you soon!
Teo, you're a real cool guy. You have yourself a really sweet wife also and I know your daughter will be as beautiful as you both.
Oh, and thanks for the cream! My wife and I tried it last night and we really enjoyed it!...

Nah, just kidding ya of course! ;D ;)
"Power cannot exist without movement"Yang Hai

* Nammies: Comprehension not required.
xingyijuan
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:37 am

Juan, thank you for your kind wishes! :)
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:24 pm

Darthwing Teorist wrote:Yeah, it was fun meeting with all of you and having a nice bubble tea. I really enjoyed putting a face on Dmitri's and Juan's name. I am also relieved that he is not just another part of Mix's personality. ;D

Mr Yang Hai is a really nice man, who is open to people and funny. His students are nice too. He runs a good CMA school. He was really gracious and allowed us to push hands with his students and even allowed us to use his school in order to cross hands. You guys have a great teacher who seems really interested in all martial arts.

Dmitri, thank you a lot for your feedback on my errors tonight. Thanks for the pushing hands, it was really fun. It was nice meeting your wife and the two cuties. I hope that we can do this again next year, hopefully for a longer time on Mount-Royal and with the full Montreal crew.

I doubt I can say any of this any better, so ditto about everything above. :)
Was great meeting everyone, thank you all for your hospitality.

Everyone's been very nice and open, personally and "martially", which also goes for Mr. Yang and his skillful students. My shirt was completely soaked when I returned. :)

Best wishes to Teo's lovely wife and their soon-to-appear baby.

If any of you are ever in Atlanta area, please let me know. 8-)
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:41 pm

So are you back in Atlanta already? How was your trip?
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:30 am

Nah, not yet -- we're leaving this afternoon, for another fun-filled 22-hour drive (i.e. if everything goes well) with 7 horses in the back. :)

Just had some spare time at a computer last night (and now) so I checked the forum... Naturally... ;D
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:06 pm

Naturally...

I wish you a safe trip back. At worse, if your car break, you can always use the horses to pull the whole shebang. I am sure that they won't mind.
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:33 am

Tx, your wish was our command this time, so everything did go well, after all. (Ended up with 8 horses instead of 7, they snuck in an extra one at, literally, the last minute... "Hmm, can't we fit one more in there? Let's try!" :))

Thanks again for everyone's hospitality and hope to see y'all next time, and maybe have more time and do some more detailed work/get into training principles, exchange ideas on a more elaborate level, etc.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups