In Montreal on July 23rd

Post internal martial arts seminars, events, retreats, tournaments, and informal meet-ups here.

In Montreal on July 23rd

Postby Dmitri on Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:59 am

Not sure which one of these days -- I guess that would depend on how the schedule works out, who do I end up meeting, etc. But I should be able to do either one of these days. It'll be a 70-something mile drive from upstate NY, which is not that bad. Will have a car, but won't be able to move around too freely as I'll have my family with me (they'll drop me off to do the IMA stuff and then pick me up later.)

Mix's and xingyijuan's school (Mr. Yang Hai) is on the list of possibilities, if he would be so kind. (This is based on this post.)

And of course I'd love to see Teo, Samtao, Plante, Alex and other EFers from Montreal. (And mix and Juan as mentioned above.)

(I'm also trying to see if I can get together with one of my teacher's teachers, and that will probably take priority in scheduling things, but that's a big unknown at this point and I don't think the probability of that happening is high.)

Please email me if you are interested and let's see what we can work out.

Thanks,
Dmitri
Last edited by Dmitri on Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Re: In Montreal on July 23rd or 24th

Postby mixjourneyman on Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:45 am

Hey Dmitri, unfortunately I'll be in Guelph/Toronto writing exams.
If you come through Toronto let me know, because I'm totally up for meeting you.
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Plante on Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:26 am

Hey Dmitri, I won't be in Mtl these days. I'm stuck in Quebec City for a while... Sorry to miss you.
Like dragon, like phoenix.
Plante
Great Old One

Postby xingyijuan on Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:44 am

Wow, everybody is deserting Dmitri!

All right, let's see what we can do. I work all day till 6 pm so any midday meeting might be difficult. Since the 24th will be a Thursday, I will at the school and you are of course welcome to drop by, but that is a Xingyi course. If you are interested in seeing Mr. Yang's Taiji class that best would be on Wednesday the 23rd. I could always arrange a meeting there. What do you think?
"Power cannot exist without movement"Yang Hai

* Nammies: Comprehension not required.
xingyijuan
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:51 am

Thanks a lot Juan. Let me clarify the rest of the things re. the schedule and I'll definitely get back to ya on this.
Thank you.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:59 pm

Hey! This is t3h awesome!!! I will be there no matter what!

If things don't work out for you to go to Mr Hai (or is it Mr Yang?) school, we have a Systema class on kicking on the 23rd, from 7:15 to 9:15 PM. There is another conditioning class before, so if you'd like to attend any of these, let me know. If not, we can just do whatever you like. See a festival, talk, cross hands, whatever.

PS:

On the 24th we have an online software release. I need have my ass at my desk by 8:00 PM. I am free before that though (maybe from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM). So the best date for me is the 23rd.
Last edited by Darthwing Teorist on Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:17 am

So, how do we meet? What do you want to do?
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:18 am

Darthwing Teorist wrote:So, how do we meet? What do you want to do?

I believe what Teo is saying is that five minutes after you meet, he will try to kick you in sack.

Be ready! ;D
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:16 am

Stop projecting, mix. ;D

Well, while I'm still waiting to hear about some of the details, there's one major "utility problem" that needs to be resolved, without which the whole thing might fall through... :'(
The problem being that I'll be coming w/my wife and kids and it's over an hour long drive, one way. So we wouldn't be able to stay much longer than 7 or so since we need the time to drive back for the kids to go to bed at a reasonable time. I was thinking of looking into possibilities of maybe renting a car in Montreal that I could drop off in the US? Dunno if that's even possible... I'm talking (via email) with my wife about the situation, -- will let you know when we figure this out.

As for the date it seems like it's going to be the 23rd, since you guys said it's better for both of you.
It's just that because of the transportation problem my time there might be way too limited, i.e. I won't be available in the late hours, which is when all the action is usually taking place... :) Classes, etc.

Juan: what time is Mr. Yang's taiji class on Wed?

Teo: what is the earliest convenient time (for you) that we could get together on Wed? (Also, if you buy that new car by that time, maybe you could drive me back afterwards? ;D j/k of course.)
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:26 am

I can probably take some time off work and make it up next day, when we have the release. I think that I can make it around 4PM. Maybe even before, I have to think about it, see how can I plan my week.

No classes is fine with me.

No matter how much I want it, I don't think I will have the car by then. But we never know. We settled on the Golf, just figuring out the options that we want (some we will pay cash, so we'll minimize the car payments as much as possible).

PS:

Let me know if your wife comes, I can invite my gf too. If we talk martial arts they will find the time less boring.
Last edited by Darthwing Teorist on Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby xingyijuan on Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:29 am

Hi Dmitri!

Mr. Yang's Taiji class starts at 6pm. Depending on your plans, we could all meet up, eat something and then go to the school.

xingyijuan
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:32 am

This meeting will be difficult, since Juan is the Invisible Man. I never saw him. ;)
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby xingyijuan on Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:39 am

LOL! Don't worry, you will feel my presence.

xingyijuan
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:46 am

xingyijuan wrote:LOL! Don't worry, you will feel my presence.

That statement makes me worry, indeed! :o
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:53 am

xingyijuan wrote:LOL! Don't worry, you will feel my presence.

HAHAHA! double entendre!
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Next

Return to Events, Seminars, Tournaments, Meet-ups