for Juan- trained boxer tries a Muay thai smoker fight

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

for Juan- trained boxer tries a Muay thai smoker fight

Postby neijia_boxer on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:42 pm

Juan this is somewhat related to your your boxing post-

John already had a amateur boxing record when he came to our Chinese Martial arts Institute. post fight- He got in trouble with promoter since he was skilled and tee'd off on a first timer Muay thai guy and broke the guys nose. never the less you can see his prowess

neijia_boxer

Re: for Juan- trained boxer tries a Muay thai smoker fight

Postby Dr.Rob on Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:05 pm

Elegant footwork, excellent combos
Having nothing to lose is the new wealth.

Profitez de la guerre mes enfants, la paix sera terrible.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Dr.Rob
Great Old One

Postby dtactics on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:11 pm

John's got talent. Congrats!
dtactics
Anjing

Postby mrtoes on Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:38 am

Yikes, I wouldn't want him as my first fight! Neat footwork, strong punches. The problem was not his conduct, just that he'd been paired together with someone much less skilled and experienced than him.

Matthew.
mrtoes
Wuji

Postby Areios on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:00 am

that beginer had some big heart there man. Getting that beat and staying on his feet is something there. I relay liked how he always maked poor guy into defense and wait for him to look out.
Areios
Wuji

Postby yusuf on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:33 am

yep he does have good ringcraft.. but anyone wanting to fight a boxer should look at k1 fights.. there are some really good examples of how Muay Thai fighters deal with boxers, including world champion level... the footwork of a boxer is really good but is also a major weakness if one can kick properly :)
Last edited by yusuf on Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby eddie mush on Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:46 am

yusuf wrote:yep he does have good ringcraft.. but anyone wanting to fight a boxer should look at k1 fights.. there are some really good examples of how Muay Thai fighters deal with boxers, including world champion level... the footwork of a boxer is really good but is also a major weakness if one can kick properly :)

You bully... :D
Martin Lund Rasmussen

In case you are unfamiliar with Eddie Mush, he was the character in the movie "A Bronx Tale" who was a total jinx. He had a perfect track record of losing every bet he ever placed as well as jinxing everyone around him.
eddie mush
Anjing

Postby Juan on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:30 pm

Damn, the boxer had great hands. Feel sorry for the MT guy who gut him for the first fight. Thanks for the video.
Juan
Great Old One

Postby neijia_boxer on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:06 pm

Being a smoker, most only had a few fights so I am not sure if the Muay thai guy actually had not fought before or not. anyhow he got owned and getting owned is not a good feeling.

***i'm suprised nobody commented on the ring girl...she had some nice bounce in the chest area
Last edited by neijia_boxer on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neijia_boxer

Postby Juan on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:42 pm

neijia_boxer wrote:Being a smoker, most only had a few fights so I am not sure if the Muay thai guy actually had not fought before or not. anyhow he got owned and getting owned is not a good feeling.

***i'm suprised nobody commented on the ring girl...she had some nice bounce in the chest area

lol...I was going to comment on her but decided not to. Very nice!

Also, the MT guy should have used that inside left kick, the boxer was giving it to him all day long. HIs hands were freaking fast tho.

BTW I might be doing an "exhibition" match next month. I am really lazy about training lately, so we'll see how it goes if it does happen. :D
Juan
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:46 pm

It was a good tussle, only I couldn't tell what round it was, I didn't see any placard or anything. ;)

MT guy, A+ for heart, C- for preparation. Sometimes he was just standing there. If you can't accelerate forward faster than the other guy can drive in reverse, the other guy owns the distance and timing question.

Pop quiz: How many of you can run backwards faster than you can run forwards? Thought so. Otherwise the sprint tape would be strung across the track lower, so you could break it with your ass.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Return to Video Links