Electric/magnetic Tai Chi

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Electric/magnetic Tai Chi

Postby GrahamB on Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:01 am

One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Re: Electric/magnetic Tai Chi

Postby XiaoXiong on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:27 am

Nice to see Aaron getting some video out. Thanks for posting that.
Jess
Truth enlightens the mind, but won't always bring happiness to the heart.
XiaoXiong
Great Old One

Postby neijia_boxer on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:36 am

Saw that on FB today. Aaron brings Mark Rasmus to the area here, and came over to my house. Tom (Peacedog) works on the same concepts now too.
neijia_boxer

Postby XiaoXiong on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:40 am

Yeah. I met Aaron about a year ago. He turned me on to Mark. Now I'm practicing his stuff along with the rest. Push hands tonight at the Dance Exchange btw. Aaron and Derrick are often in attendance! You can get their autographs!
Jess
XiaoXiong
Great Old One

Postby willywrong on Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:35 pm

GrahamB wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmXmLQ95MVg

The juxtaposition presented here doesn't work under pressure of combat conditions. It assumes that the mind locked into muscular exertion can just reverse direction and go into a what I would call a yin/peng direction. If your response was yang/peng, you're already in a position to change sides because you're not using muscle to begin with. By sides, I mean which side of the 4 ounce sensitivity line you move to.

All muscular contraction seeks an inert state and therefore the contraction has to be released to go to a more relaxed state of antagonistic muscle usage. This takes time and is too slow for combat conditions,mainly because the mind becomes involved in the action, one really wants the action to be one of action within inaction.

I realise it this might ruffle a few feathers as this appears somewhat impressive unless you've been exposed to it as I have for last 40 years or so.
willywrong

Postby XiaoXiong on Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:21 am

Actually, I find that I can apply this to sparring and jiu jitsu practice. I also find that it's hard to do very well. Aaron is good. I've pushed with him many times, and he's one of the better people around here.
Jess
XiaoXiong
Great Old One

Postby I-mon on Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:08 am

I liked the vibrating camera effects - reminded me of TEKKEN.
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby ors on Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:29 am

Wow! I am shocked! Really!

A big man weighted about 160-180 kg can so easily handle an other guy half his size (or less) with tragic structural aligment!
Now that is what I call THE REAL THING! THE ULTIMATE TAICHI POWER!

Graham! Thanks for sharing! :)

Örs
ors
Wuji

Postby dspyrido on Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:30 am

I dont get the electric vs magnetic reference. Is it just a visualisation tool or literal concept? After all what is being presented is just normal neutonian motion based on grounding alignment, directional change of force and leverage of the connected body mass (a pretty massive body mass).

Also the camera shaking does take things to a new level of awesomeness.
Last edited by dspyrido on Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
dspyrido
Wuji

Postby Simon on Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:00 am

To get experience of these things is not hard and actually quite simple but it does require an intro from someone who has done the work like Sifu Mark or going more deeply into Franz Bardons books. For those in USA Mark does a tour with multiple dates in the USA and sometimes Canada he works with everyone on the workshop so would be good chance to feel first hand. Before I met him I talked via email with him and expressed my disbelief that any of this stuff could work. But in person it was a very interesting experience and have visited him twice in Thailand due to his openness to share.
Simon
Wuji

Postby WongYing on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:52 am

and this is a new discovery how ?...by using words like electric and magnetic ????
WongYing
Huajing

Postby Wanderingdragon on Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:50 am

;D Soooo using the body as opposed to muscle, is there some reason everyone studys internal arts and really doesn't understand body connection. I get it though, Ive been heard to say " the gravity of the human body " or " the spark of power ", Electric/magnetic, :) heck we all say shit that's cool. Why do you think the classics sound so esoteric. 8-) 8-) Oh! just remember one thing, the bigger they are the further away you must be to magnetically connect to their center, and the closer in you must be charge 'em electrically. ;)
Last edited by Wanderingdragon on Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:54 am

all about orbit and grounding you know :)
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby XiaoXiong on Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:57 am

Man you guys are always quick to throw out the baby with the bath water. The ideas of electric and magnetic are ideas from the Franz Bardon school of hermetics applied to taiji. Just think yin and yang if that works better for you. I demonstrated some of these same ideas on my video thread against a guy who has 100# give or take on me. See the my little taiji video thread. Electric is the energy going away from the body, magnetic is toward. They have a different feel from push and pull with muscle. Mark has videos explaining this. This concept is extremely useful, and is very analogous to what I am learning from Yang and Wu style taiji.
Jess
XiaoXiong
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:12 pm

cant see the op clip here
some thoughts on what is posted.
electric/magnetic forces should be able to be measured using instrumentation

In the case of a single rigid body, the center of mass is fixed in relation to the body, and if the body has uniform density, it will be located at the centroid. The center of mass may be located outside the physical body, as is sometimes the case for hollow or open-shaped objects, such as a horseshoe. In the case of a distribution of separate bodies, such as the planets of the Solar System, the center of mass may not correspond to the position of any individual member of the system.

http://www.ask.com/wiki/Center_of_mass

in my work we also use words like electic or magnetic to describe a feeling, that may be imo more aptly said to come from the center being effected.
hence we might say it feels magnetic or electric, in order to help a person associate a previously unknown reaction with a feeling that they may have felt before.

They have a different feel from push and pull with muscle.
which would be very natural if one has a keen sense of center how to project it, move it, or empty it.
it does and should feel very different enabling results that can not be achieved any other way, since the bodies response to this is below the conscious level of awareness, one may indeed feel like they'er being pulled or pushed with something that does not come from muscular force, or depending on level of practitioner with little to no contact.

it is interesting to note that one of the people I was working with here "beijing" remarked "what about the qi" as we where working on some things and I was trying to use a common terminology to explain events, the idea that by changing the body shape determined whether the center is being projected out or emptied.
the same things where able to happen using different terminology to describe the events. I dont feel it negated the idea of "qi" just helped to enable the understanding
of processes by which some effects could be caused by.

interesting discussion :)
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
" It’s all in the Form; but only if it is, ALL in the Form."

empty circle taiji
windwalker
Wuji

Next

Return to Video Links