Ronda can throw your a**!

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Ronda can throw your a**!

Postby grzegorz on Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:17 pm

I see, you're discussing the first video and I'm discussing the Uriah's video where Ronda armbars Uriah's twice if not more.

What makes Ronda Ronda is that she armbars everyone and usually in the first round. No one is surprised that an Olympian judoka has good throws. I'm saying Ronda is more than just that, if it was just about her throws then all of MMA would be dominated by judoka. She throws and taps everyone out.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Fubo on Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:32 am

I agree with you about Rhonda being the full package, but I've encounter plenty of people that say stuff like "wow, she just threw blah blah who's double her weight…" or "she just threw blah blah who's a BJJ BB that wrestled in high school or college…" like it's an anomaly. You'd think no one would be surprised that an olympian is good at throws, but common sense is apparently suspended when chauvinism kicks in.
Fubo
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:02 am

I hear you and I agree, good judo is often underestimated.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Re: Ronda throws fools!

Postby Ba-men on Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:42 am

fuga wrote:
Ba-men wrote:Holly shit! How is good is that woman? Whoa !!!!

Are you talking about her mom? ;D

Yea! Her mom was her Judo coach! Although I don't think she was her "sole only" coach....

I forget the actual verbiage....

After defeating her "ummp tenth" MMA opponent with a jūji-gatame (arm bar) the press asked Ronda is any opponent who she feels she couldn't put in an arm bar? She stated "Yea my mom. She has the best defense, nor can I pin her. I don't think she was kidding... lol

By the way Ronda's mother is Dr. AnnMaria DeMars, the first-ever American judo world champion and Ronda’s guide through the world of competitive martial arts!
Last edited by Ba-men on Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ba-men
Wuji

Postby Fubo on Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:43 am

grzegorz wrote:I hear you and I agree, good judo is often underestimated.

Yeah, particularly women's Judo, sadly even within the Judo community.
Fubo
Wuji

Postby Bhassler on Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:23 pm

I doubt Ronda could throw me. Not because she lacks the skill, but because I'm kinda creepy and she might not want that much bodily contact.
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Fubo on Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:13 pm

Bhassler wrote:I doubt Ronda could throw me. Not because she lacks the skill, but because I'm kinda creepy and she might not want that much bodily contact.

Other good ways to not get thrown is to have horrid body odor, poor hygiene, tell someone you have a highly contagious disease…
Fubo
Wuji

Postby Bhassler on Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:22 am

I'm saving the body odor and horrid disease for my ground game.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:50 am

Last edited by GrahamB on Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:50 am

Based on her championship background, judo and now MMA, I am guessing that what we see if the range of exposure she has gotten.
My only limited critique is that she tries to armbar too soon thereby showing her 'hand' (as it were) and if enough of her competitors pick up on that, they could do some damage.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Bhassler on Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:59 am

I'm not sure it matters. Everyone knows exactly what she's going to do in every fight. The problem is no one can figure out how to stop her from doing it.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:40 pm

...and if you focus solely on not giving her your arm no-matter-what, she'll likely take something else instead, while you're busy doing that. I'm sure her technical expertise is not limited to armbars.
Last edited by Dmitri on Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Rabbit on Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:59 am

Wow!

Mercyless

I bet she could beat the crap out of m ost of the blokes on RSF ;D
Rabbit
Wuji

Postby Ba-men on Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:06 am

yeniseri wrote:Based on her championship background, judo and now MMA, I am guessing that what we see if the range of exposure she has gotten.
My only limited critique is that she tries to armbar too soon thereby showing her 'hand' (as it were) and if enough of her competitors pick up on that, they could do some damage.

As the other post eluded too.. That's kind of the attraction with her. Think of here like Mayweather... someone so good at their game, no one can pull them out of it. Matt Hughes was like that till GSP came along. (very linear strategy) Ya got to ride that pony till it dies... especially if its winning all the races.
Ba-men
Wuji

Postby Ian on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:53 am

I don't get it. Many of you applaud Ronda when she's throwing people, pummeling faces, breaking arms...

...but when it's male MMA, it's straight to "CMAs are better for the street because CMAs aren't bound by rules."

So confused.
Ian

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links